Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

fuel mileage
By sandiegoco

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Silverado for four years. I have the 4.8 V8 and 3.73 gears. I have found over the years that Chevy gears their vehicles too tall, thus the low gearing. Fuel mileage is sub par. I get 13 mpg in the city, 14 to 15 with a little suburbia thrown in, and 17 - 19 on the freeway. Only got 20 mpg once on the Olympic Penninsila--flat at 55 mpg. Reliability has been outstanding--only a fuel guage relay (?) that went out. I have towed a Honda Civic from Southern California to Portland Or. and back with no problems and got 14 mpg. The truck is extremely comfortable, but the fuzzy seats collect lint like crazy--what's with that? I recommend this truck, but with the 5.3 and 6 speed.

Room, cargo loading options, ride, reliability

Seats (lint) and more power with better fuel economy.

Eh, just ok
By Jack

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned the vehicle for almost three years. No crazy stories to tell, been a good vehicle. I have the 4.8 which really is fine if you don't want to pull anything. My complaint is the constant upshift for hills. In fact driving across Missouri in a snowstorm, the wind was enough to make it downshift. My brother who has the 5.3 states his is worse because you have to lay on the pedal to make it downshift causing loss of speed at every hill. Good solid truck, few rattles, but solid. The factory American general tires are worthless though, they got me about 28k and were shot-mpg is about 15 hwy/city but about 13 pulling a jet ski. I will probably upgrade in near future.

overall outside body style, have had lots of compliments even now being a few years old I get good compliments.

Had some issues adding a bug deflector- a standard addition to a pickup. The crazy wind noise can be handled by simply putting double sided foam tape under the rubber seals on left and right side of the windshield- it does fit it.

Parting with my 2007 Silverado Crew
By SilverNiffs75

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Daily driver, never towed anything, 100% dealer service, the warranty covered all failures including a complete fuse box, three batteries, two wiring recalls, a valve job, multiple service required stability and traction control DIC warnings and rusting molding. Unfortunately the transmission let go completely at 12K over the 5/100 and the dealership and GM are nowhere to be found. Will be selling, due to possibility of more engine work ahead.

Good looking pick up, well laid out interior. The whole family loves it.

Have the different GM units communicate better. The warranty department was asking to extend coverage after my vehicle passed the mileage limit. I had to call several times to correct this. Add IPod jack to Bose.

Good truck but some things got to change
By dustin

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for 2.5 years since new and I really do love my truck, it runs great and looks great and is comfortable and fun to drive. Plenty of power. Unfortunately there are just some things you don't think about when test driving. The select cloth seats collect lint like crazy, Why in the world would GM use this material. The basic speakers are not very good at all,rattle even at a low volume. Gas mileage is horrible when towing, pulls like a champ though. Had rear main seal replaced at 25k and rotors turned at 35k. side moldings starting to peel off at 45k, Overall I think its a great truck, and I use it like a truck.

looks, positive traction rear end, and 100k warranty

cloth that doesn't collect lint! Raise the 4X4 truck suspension especially in the front, sits uneven. Use better glue on body moldings. Use more insulation in the doors to cut down wind noise and rattles from speakers. Add Grab bar on the driver side. Make 6speed tranny standard!

I fully recommend the new Silverado
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My last Silverado was a 1999 (204k), I drove it for over 10 years so it took a while to embrace this one. I have the 5.3 flex and the power is great. I don't haul any big loads but when I go to pass the power is there. Before I bought, I looked at them all and still came back to the Silverado. If I took it easy I could easily get 20 mpg but I have found that I enjoy the power so 17.5 is normal for me. I get a little noise from the 'fresh air' doors and the OEM tires are gone at 40k, but I can say that I have no other complaints. Bottom line is I love it and would recommend it.

flex engine with power. Drops to 4cyl if power not needed. Funny to see it estimate 40mpg when i take it too easy.

The fuel warning says 'low' once it drops below a range of 50 (doesn't estimate miles past that). Not a great help.