2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
New top end at 56K ?????
By Bob on 11/05/09 18:31 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Silverado. Last one (2001) went 143K with zero dealer visits. Bought used 07 crew this time at 48k miles. Much improved truck. More power for my 6500lb boat. Stays in top gear more. Very smooth ride. Much better handling. 17.8 mpg on my 07, 14.9 on my 01 model. Problem, at 56K, the lifters were replaced today under warranty. Starting to get concerned.

Unreliable Silverado
By BeaverFood on 10/02/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had 5 battery failures. The dealer and apparently GM cannot locate the cause. Had to have it towed once. Also, cannot get enough heat in the cabin when driving in cold weather. The dealer looked at this issue twice and found no problem. No more General Motors vehicles for me! Two days ago, I traded this unreliable truck for a 2010 Tundra.

Great truck
By Steve on 08/20/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I had an 2004 F-150 previously and have always been a "Ford" guy. The Chevy rides better, has more power, and gets better gas mileage. I have averaged 17.2 mpg (the computer keeps track for you). If you go down the road at 65 mph you will get 22 mpg with this rig. The only issue I have had with it is the check engine light will come on if the temperature gets down to -15 or worse and there isn't enough fuel in the tank. Problem is solved by filling the tank. The dealer is also willing to fix it but I haven't got around to taking it there since it isn't really a big deal.

1500 crew cab max lt 4x4
By Duane Cartmell on 07/26/09 15:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

love truck. have 50,000 and only problem is rough idle. had at dealer 2 times but no luck. seat really stink but when I checked out 2009, they are the same. gas was a joke. I am very lite footed and get 15 highway. tried towing a car with tow mode and though my trans was going to blow from high rpm so i turned it off and was fine. great parts are power, power. also bottom of tailgate is already starting to rust. I really would buy another one, but with leather seats,

Great Truck Overall...Love It !
By AlanDaleJr on 07/16/09 17:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have NO problems with this truck, except for one. Goodyear tires it came with OEM, are a death threat to who ever is in the truck when ground is wet. I would like to see the CEO of goodyear drive with them on wet ground STAY AWAY from these tires, change them ASAP if you have them. I put General Grabbers on 200% better.

they just keep getting better!
By dc on 07/05/09 17:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning several GM products the latest generation is nothing short of amazing! I went from a 97 GMC pickup, to a 2003 Tahoe, and am now driving a 2007 Silverado Crew Cab Max package. I highly recommend them. I have pulled boats from 30ft down, fully loaded dump trailers and the like with the truck with only the addition of a set of rear airbags and a trailer brake controller. This is absolutely the best vehicle I have ever had to work/play with on the weekend and commute with during the week. I was extremely skeptical of the estimated 19 MPG highway, after owning the rig for over 2 years and 65,000 miles I dont find it far off I usually have a combined fuel average of 15.5+ at fill up!

Mechanical issues but looks good
By Jay on 05/29/09 12:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

highway driving causes 3rd gear failure at 35K miles? AC makes noise at "auto" setting and has been replaced once. Ongoing problems. Thank god for the GM warranty. Rear drink holders are fisher-price like. Other than that - interior is pretty good, comfortable, exterior looks like a truck should, XM is great. No blue tooth is crazy but they fixed in later years. Can't understand why GM wouldn't spend the extra $50 and make wheel well inserts standard. Plastic door inserts look like miniature lego pieces ie: cheap as hell. Used to own a Tundra and went domestic to try and help local business but may rethink next time is I keep having problems. At 40,000 miles now.

2007 Chevrolet Silverado
By Juan on 04/16/09 14:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the way it is designed in and out. It is very powerful and quiet ride, with a lot of features.

A VERY GOOD TRUCK!!
By DBCOOL68 on 04/13/09 21:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had this truck for about two years now, and have a 2008 reg cab long bed for a year now with a six engine(6 was not my choice but by the company I worked for) and my 5,3 gets better mileage than it but nowhere near the 20 claimed. But it rides well and can carry everything I have thrown at is so far. Very comfortable on long trips was a ease going all over Texas with style. The computer display gives great information about vehicle status.

Going to Toyota
By Matt on 04/12/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

74,000 km's and the transmission won't shift gears. I don't tow, I do not beat on it, I take very good care of it and this is how I am repaid. GM needs to put alot more thought into building a reliable truck. My last 2002 silverado was just as big a lemon. And to think I would give Chevy one more chance. I can't wait to see how much this one is going to cost; I'm sure GM will try to get out of the so called warranty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.