Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

I'm Keeping Mine
By bret

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got a deal on mine because it was the last 2007 on the lot. It is fully loaded and it's really a luxury truck. The LTZ model has a great interior. I have to park outside and let me tell you having remote start with heated seats is da bomb during winter. I won't own another vehicle that doesn't have it. I got the standard bed size and have moved twice with it. Very roomy even though I put a half-height truck box in the front. The Bose stero is kickin', and I had an aftermarket iPod adapter wired in that is a must have for audiophiles. The truck rides great, you sit really high up, and most important of all, you feel real safe out there on a street full of idiots.

The truck looks tough. I like the heated seats, the power available when you need it, and the sunroof which is great. The stereo on the LTZ model rocks and the heated leather seats are awesome in the winter.

Changing the tire stinks. I'm not gonna sugar coat it. Better hope you have a friend along or AAA, ladies. Also, sometimes when I mash down on the accelerator I'm not rewarded enough with power I'm expected to have with a giant V8 truck.

review for edmunds
By john

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

12000 miles drive everyday to work have had wheels rotated and 2 oil changes so far no problems. have leather opted for remote start should have gotten the heated seats. wife don't drive it because she says its to long, I'm use to it by now. has been a great truck so far no problems.

radio controls on the wheel,smooth ride, looks great at night under the lights

would rather have a 2 door with all the options of this extended cab they are really hard to find. also a 6 speed trans. better gas milg.

Overall - Great Truck
By Chuck

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought it new planning to occasionally tow our travel trailer. We have the 6.0L engine, 4WD Z71 package, locking diff, towing pkg. We have gotten up to 21 mpg on the high plains and some mountains at posted speed limits. We have the 3.73 rear axle, but should have gotten the 4.10 for towing our 5800# trailer, especially in the mountains. Only disappointment is the mpg towing; usually 8 to 9.5 mpg. The 6-speed tranny would have helped in the mountains but wasn't available in '07.

I'd buy another one in a heartbeat and the only thing I'd change is glint to 4.10 gears. Locking diff is great for offroad handling.

Making the 6-speed tranny available for towing, a little stiffer rear suspension for handling with a large trailer.

Great Truck Overall...Love It !
By AlanDaleJr

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have NO problems with this truck, except for one. Goodyear tires it came with OEM, are a death threat to who ever is in the truck when ground is wet. I would like to see the CEO of goodyear drive with them on wet ground STAY AWAY from these tires, change them ASAP if you have them. I put General Grabbers on 200% better.

Got great gas mileage coming back from Pittsburgh to NJ @ 23 MPG LOVE everything about this truck, but tires and cup holders

Cup holders, rubber holding tabs are terrible, PLEASE improve. GM, please change your tire supplier!!!

Going to Toyota
By Matt

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

74,000 km's and the transmission won't shift gears. I don't tow, I do not beat on it, I take very good care of it and this is how I am repaid. GM needs to put alot more thought into building a reliable truck. My last 2002 silverado was just as big a lemon. And to think I would give Chevy one more chance. I can't wait to see how much this one is going to cost; I'm sure GM will try to get out of the so called warranty.

Rear ends, should be after market. Transmissions should be after market. Oil pumps should be after market.