2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Great truck, a joke for gas mileage!
By Butch on 01/21/09 10:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed owning this truck for a 1 1/2 now. Truck rides very smooth, very comfortable on the highway. White, Z71 Ext Cab Std Box, 5.3. Pulls my 5,000 lb travel trailer no sweat. Only problem I've had with the truck was the battery went out in Oct of 07. Absoloutely love this truck, however two very annoying things. 1 the seats collect a ton of lint! 2nd, the truck sits way to low in the front! Why did GM have to design these trucks with the nose dive. With my 5,000 lb trailer on the back just levels the truck out. You look at the 2wd and the 4wd Silverado's and you can't even see a difference. GM should design these trucks to sit up a bit higher in front. Otherwise very satisfied!

Hmmm, Wonder About These Reviews
By hillbilly on 10/03/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Miss my 94 Silverado. MPG 14-16, not 20. I drive 180 miles RT for work and that includes 5 miles gravel roads and frequent 4WD. Truck is comfortable and looks good. Cargo management system and kept losing the plastic corners. Finally gave up and removed the front part of it. Stereo speakers crackle and pop and sound like crap already. The big Chevy "Bowtie" has water in it, expect it to fall off soon. Problems with the tire pressure monitor system twice. 4WD switch doesn't work all the time and now 4WD is "Out." Been at the dealers for the last 9 days and counting. Last GM product!

9000 miles
By NFRich on 06/29/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

Got rid of it! It got the worst gas mileage of any of the Silverado's I have owned. Never got anything more than 15, even on the highway. It was a 4x4 Z71 and rode terrible. Did like the way it handled though. So happy to see it go!

Gas lover
By ct on 06/07/08 22:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck but the gas tank is empty most of the time. I have 3.73 gears for pulling boats and heavy loads and the best mpg on the highway at 55 is 15.9. Not 20 mpg.

Impressed
By mputney on 05/09/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck a little over a year and currently have 11,000 miles on it. Prior to purchasing I test drove the F150, Tundra, and Ridgeline before making my decision. Hands down the Silverado had the nicest interior, ride and more than adequate power. I've towed my 5300# camper with it 3 times and have been very impressed with the pulling power of the 5.3, averaging (pullng) 13 MPG which isn't bad considering the trailer is like pulling a parachute. Thrilled I made this choice and the truck continues to inspire me that America can still make a great vehicle.

Very pleased and happy
By Dusty M on 03/30/08 21:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I now have 18000 miles on my 07 5.3 LT ext cab 2WD drive Silverdao. So far I have been most pleased with this new truck from Chevy. I traded in a 05 Silverado when this new model came out and I am glad I did. The ride and handling is head and shoulders above my 05 along with all the other Chevy trucks I have owned. The overall quality of my new truck from is head and shoulders above my 05. I have been most impressed with the performance when towing a trailer. Unlike my 05 which jumped to high rpms while in cruise and starting up a grade this new truck gradually accelerates pulling you up a hill. It pulls like a train. Gas mileage is 20- 22 mph if I keep it under 70. Very happy so far.

Nice truck
By Chet on 03/14/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

I can say this is the best truck I have ever had. The ride is good, the 4X4 works great, good fuel economy. I love the truck. GM did a good job on this one.

AwsomeTruck! Need to improve mpg
By Kyle on 02/24/08 18:31 PM (PST)

I have been very impressed with my truck. The Silverado rides so smooth on the highway, I would rather travel in my truck than any other vehicle. Also, mechanically the trick is amazing! The 5.3 is a strong, quiet, and smooth running engine. My ony complaint has been the fuel mileage. It seems the '"active fuel management" doesn't help much at all. The rating on the sticker said 16 city and 20 mpg highway. I get closer to 13 city and 15.8 on the highway. I don't think I'll ever see 20mpg. Other than that I am extremely happy with my truck and plan on keeping it a long time! Thanks Chevy for building such a great truck! just need to improve mpg

I love my truck
By dhvacwiz on 02/13/08 02:05 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the nicest truck I have owned, and I have had many over the years. It is comfortable on long trips,quiet and rides well. Average 14mpg includes road trips,local driving and aprrox. 20% towing Motorcycles. I also use this truck for work daily. It carries the additonal weight and maintains handling and ride. The 4 wd has come in handy with this years snow. Power is good too.

A Truck Worth the Money
By Brian on 01/17/08 14:38 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my Ford F-150 in for a Silverado. This truck feels more sturdy and a heavier duty truck, even though it's technically not a "heavy duty" series.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.