2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Parting with my 2007 Silverado Crew
By SilverNiffs75 on 06/25/10 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Daily driver, never towed anything, 100% dealer service, the warranty covered all failures including a complete fuse box, three batteries, two wiring recalls, a valve job, multiple service required stability and traction control DIC warnings and rusting molding. Unfortunately the transmission let go completely at 12K over the 5/100 and the dealership and GM are nowhere to be found. Will be selling, due to possibility of more engine work ahead.

Good truck but some things got to change
By dustin on 04/18/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for 2.5 years since new and I really do love my truck, it runs great and looks great and is comfortable and fun to drive. Plenty of power. Unfortunately there are just some things you don't think about when test driving. The select cloth seats collect lint like crazy, Why in the world would GM use this material. The basic speakers are not very good at all,rattle even at a low volume. Gas mileage is horrible when towing, pulls like a champ though. Had rear main seal replaced at 25k and rotors turned at 35k. side moldings starting to peel off at 45k, Overall I think its a great truck, and I use it like a truck.

I fully recommend the new Silverado
By Dave on 03/30/10 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My last Silverado was a 1999 (204k), I drove it for over 10 years so it took a while to embrace this one. I have the 5.3 flex and the power is great. I don't haul any big loads but when I go to pass the power is there. Before I bought, I looked at them all and still came back to the Silverado. If I took it easy I could easily get 20 mpg but I have found that I enjoy the power so 17.5 is normal for me. I get a little noise from the 'fresh air' doors and the OEM tires are gone at 40k, but I can say that I have no other complaints. Bottom line is I love it and would recommend it.

Biggest piece of junk I ever bought
By Ben on 02/28/10 09:00 AM (PST)

I have had nothing but problems with this truck since I bought it. Side door strips keep coming off. Had a oil leak at 27000 miles rear main seal went out had to be replaced. When the dealership replaced the rear main seal they tore the transmission seal then had a transmission fluid leak. That was covered under warranty at least. At 37000 miles the rack and pinion went out and GM wound not help pay for it to be fixed cost me 750 dollars to get fixed. Just recently changed my oil and noticed a white milky substance that came out of the oil pan first. Just checked the oil yesterday and noticed the same substance on the dip stick which wound b coolant in my oil. I hope GM will help.

Love it
By GMan on 01/16/10 14:12 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had no problems and if history repeats, as with all other GM products I have owned, I will not have any issues. I get better than average combined fuel economy, last tank was 20.5 mpg and the lowest was 17.5, on highway trip I have gotten 24.3 before. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and now, my daughter now claims it as hers.

The best car will win
By Mike on 01/15/10 08:06 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I remember why my last Chevy was in 1994 I didn't keep it very long. Traded it for a Nissan. Has not been back to the dealer, but I should have taken it though. The seat foam is showing on both sides sticking out the bottom. We only have about 23,000 miles on it and the tires will not even pass my next state inspection, and no!! it's not my driving, I`m 58yrs old and do not drive like a teenager. The chrome on the rear bumpers is already rusting. There is a strange thumping or bumping sound when you take off or shifting gears. And I don`t like not having the option of buying the On-Star, which I pulled the fuse on because as soon as I turned it on, they began to try to sell me more.

I'm Keeping Mine
By bret on 01/14/10 19:02 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got a deal on mine because it was the last 2007 on the lot. It is fully loaded and it's really a luxury truck. The LTZ model has a great interior. I have to park outside and let me tell you having remote start with heated seats is da bomb during winter. I won't own another vehicle that doesn't have it. I got the standard bed size and have moved twice with it. Very roomy even though I put a half-height truck box in the front. The Bose stero is kickin', and I had an aftermarket iPod adapter wired in that is a must have for audiophiles. The truck rides great, you sit really high up, and most important of all, you feel real safe out there on a street full of idiots.

review for edmunds
By john on 12/28/09 17:47 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

12000 miles drive everyday to work have had wheels rotated and 2 oil changes so far no problems. have leather opted for remote start should have gotten the heated seats. wife don't drive it because she says its to long, I'm use to it by now. has been a great truck so far no problems.

Overall - Great Truck
By Chuck on 12/17/09 12:31 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought it new planning to occasionally tow our travel trailer. We have the 6.0L engine, 4WD Z71 package, locking diff, towing pkg. We have gotten up to 21 mpg on the high plains and some mountains at posted speed limits. We have the 3.73 rear axle, but should have gotten the 4.10 for towing our 5800# trailer, especially in the mountains. Only disappointment is the mpg towing; usually 8 to 9.5 mpg. The 6-speed tranny would have helped in the mountains but wasn't available in '07.

New top end at 56K ?????
By Bob on 11/05/09 18:31 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Silverado. Last one (2001) went 143K with zero dealer visits. Bought used 07 crew this time at 48k miles. Much improved truck. More power for my 6500lb boat. Stays in top gear more. Very smooth ride. Much better handling. 17.8 mpg on my 07, 14.9 on my 01 model. Problem, at 56K, the lifters were replaced today under warranty. Starting to get concerned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.