Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

2007 Silverado Crew Cab Review
By silverado22

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first GM vehicle that I have owned where I have not had to bring it back to the dealer to get anything fixed. I have over 12K miles in less than 6 months of driving, averaging 18 mpg. The air conditioning is powerful and cold. My only complaint is there is too much badging of the vehicle. After removing all of the silly 4x4 stickers, huge Chevy Bowtie, Silverado and GM badging, I can now appreciate the quality of the paint on my truck.

Favorite Features

Rear parking sensors. Steering wheel controls for radio & cruise. Moisture speed-sensitive wiper blades. Remote start. Locking glove box. Ability to turn-off daytime headlights. Get turn by turn directions from OnStar for locations that I've downloaded from Mapquest.

Suggested Improvements

5 or 6 speed automatic transmission. Radio display that can be seen while wearing polarized sunglasses. More interior storage cubbies. Grab handle for driver. Eliminate navigation system warning message. Locking gas cap. Larger font size on radio display.

Great Truck!
By Sam

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I've owned by far. I bought it for it's versatility (i.e. 4X4, pickup bed, etc) but I'm amazed at how comfortable it is as a daily driver. This is my commute vehicle and my camping/fishing vehicle and it works great all the way around. Great gas mileage for a truck and it rides more comfortably than my old car ('05 Impala). The comfort features like OnStar, remote starter and dual climate control are awesome. Plus it's great off-road. The rear locker has gotten me out of at least one tight spot.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, gas mileage, new ext cab doors and windows are great.

Suggested Improvements

The very light silver cloth in mine is prone to stains and dirt. A grey colored interior would have been nice.

Lemon
By bubba

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had my 2007 silverado for about 1 month now and have had nothing but problems the a/c has went out on it the tire pressure monitoring system has had to be fixed already and the is some type of popping noise in the rearend when you start up a hill and the truck switches in to second gear. This truck is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned and will never own another.

07 1500 w/ the new body style
By 07Chevy1500

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have to say this is the nicest most comfortable truck I have ever owned. To really set it off I have the 5.3 and it has great power and better fuel millage than the smaller V8. Love it!

Favorite Features

Can't comment on power train yet because it hasn't been tested yet. Best features are the entire interior. Interior is absolutely top notch. I have the LT2 w/leather.

Suggested Improvements

I don't care for the way the rear wheel wells look.

Nice Truck!
By '07 LTZ

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. The ride is luxury smooth and quiet. The inside is first class on LTZ. The Bose system is great. Cruise and stereo controls on steering wheel are nice. The 20" wheels look great. I get 18 mpg mixed driving and 18 on interstate at 70 with plenty of power and a nice exhaust sound under heavy throttle. Chevy has designed and built one nice truck.

Favorite Features

Quiet smooth ride. Bose stereo. LTZ interior. Exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Run on 4 cylinders longer in town and on interstate for improved economy.