2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
False advertisement on gas mileage
By STAN on 03/29/07 07:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck does not get 16 and 20 mpg as stated . This fuel management engine is worse than my last Chevy. The truck makes a grinding or rubbing noise at between 40 and 45mph. GM says this is a exhaust noise. Dealership says they can muffle the noise a little. Paid $35 grand to listen to a noisy exhaust. Very disappointed in the truck. fales advertisement by GM on the gas mileage. Will purchase a Honda next time

Best in Class for the money
By gregwilliams on 03/19/07 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is hands down the best on the market for the money. Compared to the rest Toyota is the only one that comes close but the price difference holds me back. Now with the 100k powertrain warranty I'll have it paid off before the warranty is gone!

Nice truck
By Frank McLaughlin on 03/16/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the smoothest and most quiet truck I've ever owned. Lots of power in 4.8l v8. Interior finish is very good and the exterior looks great. I drove a Toyota Tacoma and this truck is every bit as good. This truck should help GM and I think will become very popular. Try it you'll like it.

Rocking Chevy
By 6_0SilverChevy on 03/11/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just got this truck. Had to order to get it the way I wanted it, and it was worth the wait. Smooth ride, comfortable to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Almost loaded up. No nav or DVD but the kids aren't in long enough to watch movies anyway. Silver Birch Metallic, black leather perfect!

Like a Rock, Beats Catch the Feeling
By jr2838 on 03/11/07 10:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Strong looks, very well balanced ,and an incredible ride. Remote start, heated seats, sunroof and OnStar, Great job Chevy.

Ecellent
By Rodney on 03/10/07 09:08 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All around great truck! Very little road noise, comfortable smooth ride, plenty of power, tows like a dream. Love the new look. I swithced from a Ford to the new Chevy and I am now sold.

After many miles
By tom on 03/08/07 22:01 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have already gave a report after only 3 weeks, now 3 months and 11,329 miles our opinion is stronger than ever. I have just returned from a trip from Woodbine, Md. to Albuquerque, NM. drove over 4,000 miles and averaged 16.2 miles to the gallon with the big engine. We drove between 75 and 80 miles an hour. What a pleasure and we came home in three days, 1860 miles. At the end of the day we still were not tired. We listened to our XM oldtime radio, bluegrass, old country, and southern gospel and felt laike we were at home in our easy chairs.

Nice Truck!
By Dr Ness on 02/28/07 18:53 PM (PST)

I compared this truck with the F150, Dodge Ram (junk), and the old and new Tundras. This was by far the best truck for the money and I'm completely happy with it. The flex fuel option was the difference over the Toyota, which came is a close second followed closely by the F150. Fit and finish is a drastic improvement over the Classic model and I think better than the Toyota. Fuel economy is in the 18 range on the highway. 16 combined. Not bad for a truck and far better then the Ford (my dad has one) or Toyota. The last review must have been for the Classic model because GM hit a home run with this new Silverado. My first Chevrolet in 30 years of driving. Must say something!

My Review
By cargeek5 on 02/26/07 15:57 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The new design was realy comfortable and the engine was powerful. I can tow very easily.

Max Power
By J. burns on 02/22/07 23:02 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got my Vortex Max crew cab at the end of November and I love it. Muffler, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, programmer, 4" lift w/34" on 20" rims,fenderflares, black grill w/chrome inset, chrome side mirrors, door handles, fuel lid. This my 7th Chevy truck since 2000 and it tops them all. Smooth ride,noise,power, firm cornering, tops in all cats. Getting better gas mileage now than most of my smaller trucks in the past. Best truck Chevy has made yet period.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.