Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

07 Silverado
By J. Tilson

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Outstanding styling and a 4.8L V8 that is more than capable of getting the job done at the construction site. Even the lifelong Ford guys at my company have nothing bad to say about the truck, except the sloping bed.

Favorite Features

The front end is just about perfect and the truck is virtually maintenence free. Also, the on-road handling is superior to any truck I've owned in the past.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension is a little stiff and could use some softening.

Excellent
By Brian

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I would have to say this truck is a great all around vehicle, whether on or off road it out performs all other half- ton trucks. The interior design is simple and functional and every mile of the 24000 I have driven so far has been a blast. Thanks for a great truck!

Favorite Features

Ease of use of control panels and radio

Love it!
By Matt

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really like my new Silverado. What a great truck! It feels so crisp. The interior feels so spacious and solid. Very quiet ride, and fairly comfortable considering the 20" wheels. It could use some integrated blind spot mirrors, though. The power is good. Not as much as my old Titan that was a rocket out of the hole. But it's stong and smooth. No squeaks. The dash looks great and the seats are very comfortable. The truck has so many features and creature comforts. Ample storage for the front. Could be better compartmentized for rear passangers.

Favorite Features

The sheer brute size. Comfortable ride and soft leather. Radio is great. Consistantly smooth accelleration. Features galore! Feels like a luxury vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Integrate the electronic brake controller with all tow packages, or provide a factory harness for ease of installation.

Great Truck
By Great Truck

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have 5,300 miles on my truck and so far it's been great. I am getting 18 mpg mixed driving and 18 mpg on the interstate at 70 mph. The fit and finish is excellent, The interior has a luxury car like ride that is both smooth and quiet and the bose sound system is awesome. I think they could improve mileage if they keep the motor in 4v mode which I read GM is working on this. The 5.3 has plenty of power and a nice exhaust note under heavy throttle. In cold weather, remote start not only turns your heat on it turns your heated seat on, nice touch. GM has done a nice job on this truck.

Favorite Features

Interior looks great. Bose stereo. 20" rims.

Suggested Improvements

Floor shifter on LTZ package.

Still pinching myself. Love it!
By Brent

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Loved my F150, it drove, rode and handled wonderfully (Reg cab, 4.6 V8) and got 15.2 avg mpg. Needed something bigger, and found the Chevrolet head and shoulders above my Ford. I was pleasantly surprised. The ride, fit and ergonomics of my Silverado are just as close to perfect as I can imagine.

Favorite Features

Active fuel management (running on 4 cylinders when 8 are not needed), tight handling without sacrificing smooth, quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

None, really