Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

just right.
By jeffmills1970

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my silverado from the dealer in 2013 it was a tradeIin one owner. Had 40,000 miles when I got it. It has been one of the best vehicles ive ever owned and ive had plenty in mt 41 years. It is as tight and smooth as my 2010 ford Explorer. All though im having issues with my explorerfour wheel drive Iis going out and making noises. My silverado is running strong with 65,000 on it now . I bought the ford new and will not have another one ive told my wife your next one will be a chevy. Ive owned plenty of both but never at the same time. And this has shown me where the quality is its with chevy.

Favorite Features

Interior, body style, smooth ride,

Suggested Improvements

None love it as is.

The best car will win
By Mike

I remember why my last Chevy was in 1994 I didn't keep it very long. Traded it for a Nissan. Has not been back to the dealer, but I should have taken it though. The seat foam is showing on both sides sticking out the bottom. We only have about 23,000 miles on it and the tires will not even pass my next state inspection, and no!! it's not my driving, I`m 58yrs old and do not drive like a teenager. The chrome on the rear bumpers is already rusting. There is a strange thumping or bumping sound when you take off or shifting gears. And I don`t like not having the option of buying the On-Star, which I pulled the fuse on because as soon as I turned it on, they began to try to sell me more.

Favorite Features

Price

Suggested Improvements

Pay more attention to Quality. Make On-Star an option.

07Chevy
By jjdoodah

Pros: acceleration, brakes, heat/air;radio, seats, turn circle,fun to drive. Cons: ride; very poor seal around doors..way too much noise, mileage (15- 16), too light on rear..spins wheels & looses traction too easy, no trip odometer, a/c switches; overall poor fit in areas of body & interior.

Chevy Silverado
By Darren E.

I am a college student and needed a reliable truck that would get decent gas mileage. I traded in my 98 GMC 1/2ton pickup w/4.3L V6 for this 07 Silverado. I thought that since I had good results with gas mileage on the V6 that I thought the new trucks would get good mileage. Wrong! I am getting 12-13 city and 16-17 highway. This really disapoints me. Other than the gas mileage, the truck is good. Overall I am happy with the deal and would recommed Chevy/GMC trucks to anyone.

Favorite Features

The truck rides smooth, transmission shifts gears smoothly, the truck sits higher than other trucks, and the 2nd glove compartment is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage, the seats need to fold down more, the truck needs to be more level.