Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

just right.
By jeffmills1970

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my silverado from the dealer in 2013 it was a tradeIin one owner. Had 40,000 miles when I got it. It has been one of the best vehicles ive ever owned and ive had plenty in mt 41 years. It is as tight and smooth as my 2010 ford Explorer. All though im having issues with my explorerfour wheel drive Iis going out and making noises. My silverado is running strong with 65,000 on it now . I bought the ford new and will not have another one ive told my wife your next one will be a chevy. Ive owned plenty of both but never at the same time. And this has shown me where the quality is its with chevy.

Favorite Features

Interior, body style, smooth ride,

Suggested Improvements

None love it as is.

The best car will win
By Mike

I remember why my last Chevy was in 1994 I didn't keep it very long. Traded it for a Nissan. Has not been back to the dealer, but I should have taken it though. The seat foam is showing on both sides sticking out the bottom. We only have about 23,000 miles on it and the tires will not even pass my next state inspection, and no!! it's not my driving, I`m 58yrs old and do not drive like a teenager. The chrome on the rear bumpers is already rusting. There is a strange thumping or bumping sound when you take off or shifting gears. And I don`t like not having the option of buying the On-Star, which I pulled the fuse on because as soon as I turned it on, they began to try to sell me more.

Favorite Features

Price

Suggested Improvements

Pay more attention to Quality. Make On-Star an option.

My 4th Chevy truck
By dakneedrizl

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my ride for 4 months now overall it was a good purchase so far. I would say if you have money to burn look at the Tundra but you cannot get a v8 long bed real deal pick up like mine for under 20g in any other brand. I am weary of the Chevy track record as I have had a few it seems there is always some little crap going on with them engine idling right? Rear end humming? Interior plastic has sharp edges mine only has 5 grand so far. I guess I will find out how things pan out at 10-20-30 thousand miles. The definite plus side to this truck is the gas mileage for being so big I can cruise at 15-1700 rpm on the freeway. The basic options that come with it are also nice.

Favorite Features

Auto head lights, small block fury, exhaust

Suggested Improvements

Idles weird, clunky trans to rear end hook up. Smooth out the plastic parts. Sharp edges fraying the seat belt.

Amazing truck!
By dj2or

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love my victory red 4.8 v8 2007 regular cab. I've added chrome front bowtie, sidesteps, doorhandles and tailgate handle. I've also added a GM bug hood shield, bed mat and tinted the windows with 20 percent. It's nice to have a free year of OnStar.

Favorite Features

The whole truck is very solid! The doors and tailgate feel great. Makes my friends Toyota feel like a toy!

Suggested Improvements

I did notice the bed is slightly unlevel with the cab. The under coating is a little sticky and in places gravel sticks. Plus it makes a mess out of your hands if you even think about touching it.

Great rig
By ber

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had initial isues with rattling at start, time and mobile 1 fixed that. 15,000 miles now 27 highway with kn filter and special chery bomb muffler. Run 34 in tires. Leveling kit sure helped take away the 60's raked look. And handles better. Great truck

Favorite Features

Power. Handling, sound, cool reg cab short bed look

Suggested Improvements

Noisy interior and a bit stark, crummy speakers