2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
just right.
By jeffmills1970 on 04/26/14 07:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my silverado from the dealer in 2013 it was a tradeIin one owner. Had 40,000 miles when I got it. It has been one of the best vehicles ive ever owned and ive had plenty in mt 41 years. It is as tight and smooth as my 2010 ford Explorer. All though im having issues with my explorerfour wheel drive Iis going out and making noises. My silverado is running strong with 65,000 on it now . I bought the ford new and will not have another one ive told my wife your next one will be a chevy. Ive owned plenty of both but never at the same time. And this has shown me where the quality is its with chevy.

The best car will win
By Mike on 01/15/10 08:06 AM (PST)

I remember why my last Chevy was in 1994 I didn't keep it very long. Traded it for a Nissan. Has not been back to the dealer, but I should have taken it though. The seat foam is showing on both sides sticking out the bottom. We only have about 23,000 miles on it and the tires will not even pass my next state inspection, and no!! it's not my driving, I`m 58yrs old and do not drive like a teenager. The chrome on the rear bumpers is already rusting. There is a strange thumping or bumping sound when you take off or shifting gears. And I don`t like not having the option of buying the On-Star, which I pulled the fuse on because as soon as I turned it on, they began to try to sell me more.

My 4th Chevy truck
By dakneedrizl on 06/03/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my ride for 4 months now overall it was a good purchase so far. I would say if you have money to burn look at the Tundra but you cannot get a v8 long bed real deal pick up like mine for under 20g in any other brand. I am weary of the Chevy track record as I have had a few it seems there is always some little crap going on with them engine idling right? Rear end humming? Interior plastic has sharp edges mine only has 5 grand so far. I guess I will find out how things pan out at 10-20-30 thousand miles. The definite plus side to this truck is the gas mileage for being so big I can cruise at 15-1700 rpm on the freeway. The basic options that come with it are also nice.

Amazing truck!
By dj2or on 05/15/08 23:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Love my victory red 4.8 v8 2007 regular cab. I've added chrome front bowtie, sidesteps, doorhandles and tailgate handle. I've also added a GM bug hood shield, bed mat and tinted the windows with 20 percent. It's nice to have a free year of OnStar.

Great rig
By ber on 05/07/08 17:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had initial isues with rattling at start, time and mobile 1 fixed that. 15,000 miles now 27 highway with kn filter and special chery bomb muffler. Run 34 in tires. Leveling kit sure helped take away the 60's raked look. And handles better. Great truck

11,000 miles and no complaints
By DBT on 04/04/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

Great truck. Have the 5.3L with 3.42 rear end and tow pkg. Window sticker said 21 mpg hwy, 16 mpg city and that's what I've been getting. But that's if doing the speed limit. Averaging 18.6 mpg over the 11,000 miles. Worst mpg was 14.9 this winter. Got 16 mpg when towing tandem axle trailer (55 mph max speed) on a 400-mile round trip, loaded with upright piano, furniture, and empty trailer on the way back. Plenty of power for towing and normal driving.

07Chevy
By jjdoodah on 02/29/08 10:30 AM (PST)

Pros: acceleration, brakes, heat/air;radio, seats, turn circle,fun to drive. Cons: ride; very poor seal around doors..way too much noise, mileage (15- 16), too light on rear..spins wheels & looses traction too easy, no trip odometer, a/c switches; overall poor fit in areas of body & interior.

Chevy Silverado
By Darren E. on 01/21/08 17:53 PM (PST)

I am a college student and needed a reliable truck that would get decent gas mileage. I traded in my 98 GMC 1/2ton pickup w/4.3L V6 for this 07 Silverado. I thought that since I had good results with gas mileage on the V6 that I thought the new trucks would get good mileage. Wrong! I am getting 12-13 city and 16-17 highway. This really disapoints me. Other than the gas mileage, the truck is good. Overall I am happy with the deal and would recommed Chevy/GMC trucks to anyone.

07 Silverado
By J. Tilson on 12/03/07 05:19 AM (PST)

Outstanding styling and a 4.8L V8 that is more than capable of getting the job done at the construction site. Even the lifelong Ford guys at my company have nothing bad to say about the truck, except the sloping bed.

Best Truck Ever
By Bob on 07/26/07 17:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love the styling but most of all I like the ride and handling.I bought a basic truck with 4.8 liter engine and it is powerful,drives smoothly,has great acceleration and gets exactly the fuel economy advertised. I have always been a Chevy fan but not a Chevy truck fan until now. The 17" tires look a little small in those huge wheel wells but I can always upgrade to 18" or even 20" wheels down the road. The paint job could easily be mistaken for a custom paint job. I love everything about this truck but of course I'd like better fuel economy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.