2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
best truck ever owned.
By dom16 on 03/20/11 02:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i love my 2007 chevy silverado over all i love evrything about it, it takes off like a bat outta heck shifts are smoth dont even feel them really mean engine roar when peddle to the floor! stops on a dime i drive this truck HARD! im never easy on it iv towed boats,hay,68 skylark it felt like ther was nothing there i have not had replace anything on it i baught it new (demo truck) in 07 an not even replaced the goodyear stockers that wont pass the toothpick test an what made me even more happy is i live in texas we got 5inches of ice an with the bald tires didnt loose it at all with the tration control on!iv rode it hard an put up wet an it has not failed me once i highly sugest this truck!!!

Parting with my 2007 Silverado Crew
By SilverNiffs75 on 06/25/10 12:51 PM (PDT)

Daily driver, never towed anything, 100% dealer service, the warranty covered all failures including a complete fuse box, three batteries, two wiring recalls, a valve job, multiple service required stability and traction control DIC warnings and rusting molding. Unfortunately the transmission let go completely at 12K over the 5/100 and the dealership and GM are nowhere to be found. Will be selling, due to possibility of more engine work ahead.

Mechanical issues but looks good
By Jay on 05/29/09 12:16 PM (PDT)

highway driving causes 3rd gear failure at 35K miles? AC makes noise at "auto" setting and has been replaced once. Ongoing problems. Thank god for the GM warranty. Rear drink holders are fisher-price like. Other than that - interior is pretty good, comfortable, exterior looks like a truck should, XM is great. No blue tooth is crazy but they fixed in later years. Can't understand why GM wouldn't spend the extra $50 and make wheel well inserts standard. Plastic door inserts look like miniature lego pieces ie: cheap as hell. Used to own a Tundra and went domestic to try and help local business but may rethink next time is I keep having problems. At 40,000 miles now.

A VERY GOOD TRUCK!!
By DBCOOL68 on 04/13/09 21:08 PM (PDT)

I had this truck for about two years now, and have a 2008 reg cab long bed for a year now with a six engine(6 was not my choice but by the company I worked for) and my 5,3 gets better mileage than it but nowhere near the 20 claimed. But it rides well and can carry everything I have thrown at is so far. Very comfortable on long trips was a ease going all over Texas with style. The computer display gives great information about vehicle status.

LT3 Chevy Silverado (Shortbed)
By Y on 07/01/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

We got our pickup right off the lot with 12k and it has been awesome. The only problem that we have had is it would not unlock or start and the problem was that the battery cable had came loose and became unplugged. Other than that it has been fun to have it has leather and plenty of legroom on the interior. The heated winsheild wiper fluid really works when its is frozen. The backup sensors are awesome too, it is easier to backup closer to things. Another feature is the advance track works really well when you are in gravel. We have had other Chevy pickups but and this is the best. But if you like paying $90 every other day with 14 miles to the gallon then this is the truck for you.

Great Truck
By TXChevy on 04/24/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

Great to have one of GMs new line of Chevy Silverados! I get around 17 mpg for mostly city and some highway but if there is a lot of highway I can average 20 mpg. Very nice interior with very comfortable seats.

Best Truck I've owned
By JMG on 04/22/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

I bought this truck on an impulse. I bought the truck with the Southwest Edition package which includes 5.3L engine,leather seats,tow package and 20" wheels. I have had an issue with the tires, but that's because the city of ABQ doesn't clean their roads. Recently went on a trip to AZ from NM and got about 22 MPG. I've owned the truck a year now and average about 16.4 MPG in the city. I've towed a couple of trailers and have had no issues with the very capable 5.3L. There's plenty of room in the back seat for my 6' tall son. He used to kick me in the back in our old SUV and he wasn't even 6' at that point. The interior is nice and roomy for all.

Love it!
By Matt on 11/19/07 10:52 AM (PST)

I really like my new Silverado. What a great truck! It feels so crisp. The interior feels so spacious and solid. Very quiet ride, and fairly comfortable considering the 20" wheels. It could use some integrated blind spot mirrors, though. The power is good. Not as much as my old Titan that was a rocket out of the hole. But it's stong and smooth. No squeaks. The dash looks great and the seats are very comfortable. The truck has so many features and creature comforts. Ample storage for the front. Could be better compartmentized for rear passangers.

Not much bad to say
By Bryant on 10/17/07 00:38 AM (PDT)

The gas mileage is definitely the worst out of all of my previously owned vehicles, but it is nowhere near the best. Love the ride height, had to take off the air dam to finish the look. Truck way too quiet for my tastes too. That was easily and fairly cheaply fixed. Love the ride quality, radio is adequate, and the 4WD has ample torque. AC is freezing! Thats always good.

Buy one if you can afford it
By charlie on 10/06/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

I bought this vehicle in August sight unseen. I went through Edmunds.com and submitted a request to multiple dealers. Overall, this is an outstanding truck. I opted for the Texas Edition package for this truck because I need towing package. There are only a couple of things I would change. First,GM should have put disc brakes on the rear, especially for people who tow. Second, the power windows are a little noisy as compaired to my previous chevy truck. Lastly, when I go over RR tracks, the tailgate sounds a little loose, but to be fair, this could just be to the exta stability built into the truck. But overall, this is a great truck and I have no regrets about buying it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.