Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was dead set against a pickup when it was time to trade in my Trailblazer but I test drove it to humor my husband(ok...to get him to get off my case) and immediately fell in love with it. She is solid and has never let me down or made me feel unsafe no matter how deep the snow. Yes, I am a woman who LOVES her pickup!! She tows our camper effortlessly and hauls anything and everything we need for our house. Sits 6 adults semi comfortably (with split bench - middle passenger in the front seat should be a smaller adult). When it is time to replace her I WILL be getting another Silverado crew cab.

Favorite Features

All the storage compartments in the cab. Comfortable seating. Plenty of power even with the smaller engine.

Suggested Improvements

The only change I would make is better gas mileage. Otherwise I love everything about it.

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise

Suggested Improvements

Crossing My Fingers! So far So Good!
By soybatoman

I bought the truck new in Sept 2007. Now close to 4 years and 43K miles only 1 problem. I had to change out the broken hubs at 40K so no warranty. The only major complaint I have is the harsh transmission. It jerks, clunks and hard shifting which the dealer says "normal". Another problem is a wind noise at speeds over 65MPH coming from front doors or dash??. I do have to say it's a great truck. I did install a 6" lift kit, 35" tires and 4.56 gears at 8K

Favorite Features

Plenty of room for 6 people. Great dash layout. Great exterior design. the truck looks huge with lift kit and bigger tires.

Suggested Improvements

This truck needs a 6 speed transmission and better paint job

fuel mileage
By sandiegoco

I have owned my Silverado for four years. I have the 4.8 V8 and 3.73 gears. I have found over the years that Chevy gears their vehicles too tall, thus the low gearing. Fuel mileage is sub par. I get 13 mpg in the city, 14 to 15 with a little suburbia thrown in, and 17 - 19 on the freeway. Only got 20 mpg once on the Olympic Penninsila--flat at 55 mpg. Reliability has been outstanding--only a fuel guage relay (?) that went out. I have towed a Honda Civic from Southern California to Portland Or. and back with no problems and got 14 mpg. The truck is extremely comfortable, but the fuzzy seats collect lint like crazy--what's with that? I recommend this truck, but with the 5.3 and 6 speed.

Favorite Features

Room, cargo loading options, ride, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Seats (lint) and more power with better fuel economy.

Eh, just ok
By Jack

I have owned the vehicle for almost three years. No crazy stories to tell, been a good vehicle. I have the 4.8 which really is fine if you don't want to pull anything. My complaint is the constant upshift for hills. In fact driving across Missouri in a snowstorm, the wind was enough to make it downshift. My brother who has the 5.3 states his is worse because you have to lay on the pedal to make it downshift causing loss of speed at every hill. Good solid truck, few rattles, but solid. The factory American general tires are worthless though, they got me about 28k and were shot-mpg is about 15 hwy/city but about 13 pulling a jet ski. I will probably upgrade in near future.

Favorite Features

overall outside body style, have had lots of compliments even now being a few years old I get good compliments.

Suggested Improvements

Had some issues adding a bug deflector- a standard addition to a pickup. The crazy wind noise can be handled by simply putting double sided foam tape under the rubber seals on left and right side of the windshield- it does fit it.