2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise on 05/13/12 19:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was dead set against a pickup when it was time to trade in my Trailblazer but I test drove it to humor my husband(ok...to get him to get off my case) and immediately fell in love with it. She is solid and has never let me down or made me feel unsafe no matter how deep the snow. Yes, I am a woman who LOVES her pickup!! She tows our camper effortlessly and hauls anything and everything we need for our house. Sits 6 adults semi comfortably (with split bench - middle passenger in the front seat should be a smaller adult). When it is time to replace her I WILL be getting another Silverado crew cab.

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise on 05/13/12 19:10 PM (PDT)

Crossing My Fingers! So far So Good!
By soybatoman on 06/07/11 18:46 PM (PDT)

I bought the truck new in Sept 2007. Now close to 4 years and 43K miles only 1 problem. I had to change out the broken hubs at 40K so no warranty. The only major complaint I have is the harsh transmission. It jerks, clunks and hard shifting which the dealer says "normal". Another problem is a wind noise at speeds over 65MPH coming from front doors or dash??. I do have to say it's a great truck. I did install a 6" lift kit, 35" tires and 4.56 gears at 8K

fuel mileage
By sandiegoco on 01/30/11 15:35 PM (PST)

I have owned my Silverado for four years. I have the 4.8 V8 and 3.73 gears. I have found over the years that Chevy gears their vehicles too tall, thus the low gearing. Fuel mileage is sub par. I get 13 mpg in the city, 14 to 15 with a little suburbia thrown in, and 17 - 19 on the freeway. Only got 20 mpg once on the Olympic Penninsila--flat at 55 mpg. Reliability has been outstanding--only a fuel guage relay (?) that went out. I have towed a Honda Civic from Southern California to Portland Or. and back with no problems and got 14 mpg. The truck is extremely comfortable, but the fuzzy seats collect lint like crazy--what's with that? I recommend this truck, but with the 5.3 and 6 speed.

Eh, just ok
By Jack on 09/04/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

I have owned the vehicle for almost three years. No crazy stories to tell, been a good vehicle. I have the 4.8 which really is fine if you don't want to pull anything. My complaint is the constant upshift for hills. In fact driving across Missouri in a snowstorm, the wind was enough to make it downshift. My brother who has the 5.3 states his is worse because you have to lay on the pedal to make it downshift causing loss of speed at every hill. Good solid truck, few rattles, but solid. The factory American general tires are worthless though, they got me about 28k and were shot-mpg is about 15 hwy/city but about 13 pulling a jet ski. I will probably upgrade in near future.

First Full Size Pick-Up
By Noru on 11/30/08 18:04 PM (PST)

07' LT1 Crew Cab now with 12.5K on it. This is my first full size truck, my trade in was a 06' GMC Canyon Crew Cab, the Canyon was a good truck but it never had enough room inside for me and the family it just got small on us as time went by. The Silverado is big enough with a very nice smooth stable ride. The gas mileage in town is 15 mpg, & 20 mpg on the highway at 70mph. I have the 4.8 engine and I'm very pleased with the power and smoothest, the 4-spd auto is sweet also buy it did take about 8K to break in, at first the down shift from second to first gear was harsh at times buy got better as more miles where added. Its has been very reliable with no issue at all.

Happy to be Chevy Truck Driver!
By Tom on 09/20/07 13:00 PM (PDT)

I was first looking at Tundra, but the dealer wanted too much. After several weeks of researching, I am happy to have Blue Granite Silverado. Color looks great. It was my first time to buy full pickup truck. Only have this truck for several weeks and now running at 2000 miles. Good view of driving. Glad to have running board, even I'm pretty big, my knee's going bad. Turn ratio needs to be better. Good power for a 4.8 engine. Impressed to see driving under 2000 rpm at 70 - 75 mph. Need to improve hauling weight. Weight is limited to 4800 lbs. Dashboard layout is great. Nice to have seat built for 6 people. I like the idea of raising the backseats to make room for Home Depot stuffs.

Looks good, Drives terrible
By Silverado on 08/29/07 16:53 PM (PDT)

On test drive there was a vibration between 45 to 55 MPH. Then we hit a little small broken pavement in the road and the truck jumps all over the place! Gas mileage is a joke if not an out right lie. We tested the gas mileage in several ways but, keep getting the same results. In town, the best gas to the cheapest gas was only 12 MPG. On the Highway, our biggest accomplishment was at 17 MPG. General Motors said the estimated sticker mileage quote was just a theoretical statement. At 45 to 55 MPH the truck has this vibration and in curves at a lower speed it has this same vibration. If driven from payment to concrete or a bumpy road the truck will dance and shake.

Silverado Crew Cab-What a Truck!
By SBrady on 07/21/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

I purchased a new 07 Silverado in June of this year and have now had some time to get a feel for it. It now has 2500 miles on the odometer. I spent about 6 months researching this purchase and ended up with the Silverado. My truck is an LT-1, but it has leather, 20 inch tires, the 5.3 engine, etc. My gas mileage was 16 when I first got it, but it has been steadily improving with each fill up. I am now getting just a bit over 20 MPG on the interstate when driving 75. The truck has plenty of power, handles like a car and is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. The fit and finish is excellent as well. If you are looking for a truck you MUST try the Silverado out.

PURCHASE THIS TRUCK--PLEASE READ
By nolanryan1 on 07/10/07 12:08 PM (PDT)

I bought this truck on March 22, 2007. On May 27, 2007, I was involved in a head-on collision with my family. We were driving about 45 mph and the guy coming to me was driving a Ford Expedition (prob. driving 45 mph also). We ALL walked away from it--my wife, 7 yr old son, 5 yr old daughter, and me. I am in the process of buying another. SAFE SAFE SAFE... Features that I will get this time are a little different. I am getting LTZ, side-curtain safety package, Z71, 18" wheels. I had 17" wheels, but they seem a bit small in the wheel well. I do not like the way the 20" wheels look.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.