Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great looks and ride, poor craftmanship and quality
By andymick32

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck in 2007 with 18k miles. Beautiful looking truck IMO. I finally got rid of it before 100k miles. This truck road great, but had many problems from the start, mostly being electrical. I replaced every sensor in the vehicle in the first 75k miles, not including the back up sensors that went around 75k miles because they were $500 to replace. The DVD player didn't work from day one, the power sliding rear window also quit on me twice including a few other issues including a leaky ceiling. All in all, I loved how the truck drove and looked, but the quality was lacking. Maybe it was the first year of the NBS to blame? Moved on to a Tundra

Favorite Features

Looks, very smooth ride, fuel economy, BOSE Sound system is second to none.

Suggested Improvements

Use better quality parts and craftsmanship, cover sensors so they will last in harsh environments. Raise the front end, interior is too bland.

MPG
By sutibunu

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I average 16-18 combines, 16 city and 18-20 highway. Towing the Coquihalla highway with our travel trailer (22ft komfort) ~4000KG I got about 8mpg. coming back down the Coq, I averages 13-15mpg.

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was dead set against a pickup when it was time to trade in my Trailblazer but I test drove it to humor my husband(ok...to get him to get off my case) and immediately fell in love with it. She is solid and has never let me down or made me feel unsafe no matter how deep the snow. Yes, I am a woman who LOVES her pickup!! She tows our camper effortlessly and hauls anything and everything we need for our house. Sits 6 adults semi comfortably (with split bench - middle passenger in the front seat should be a smaller adult). When it is time to replace her I WILL be getting another Silverado crew cab.

Favorite Features

All the storage compartments in the cab. Comfortable seating. Plenty of power even with the smaller engine.

Suggested Improvements

The only change I would make is better gas mileage. Otherwise I love everything about it.

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise

Wouldn't Buy Again
By biga6462

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I would sell this thing but there are no other trucks that look good to me at the time. I love the looks of the truck and handling, but there is so many other things that make me sick about this vehicle. After looking at the internet all of my problems are shared by many others. Here are some of the issues I have had with the truck. Fuel Purge valve had to be replaced and relocated because it was placed in an area where dust affected its performance, the rear back glass leaks water after a rain, the speakers rattle in the door, the dash and door trim rattles, the door trim has come apart, the brakes overheat, pulsate, and leak DOT fluid. A complete piece of junk in my opinion