2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Sort Reviews by

MPG
By sutibunu

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I average 16-18 combines, 16 city and 18-20 highway. Towing the Coquihalla highway with our travel trailer (22ft komfort) ~4000KG I got about 8mpg. coming back down the Coq, I averages 13-15mpg.

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was dead set against a pickup when it was time to trade in my Trailblazer but I test drove it to humor my husband(ok...to get him to get off my case) and immediately fell in love with it. She is solid and has never let me down or made me feel unsafe no matter how deep the snow. Yes, I am a woman who LOVES her pickup!! She tows our camper effortlessly and hauls anything and everything we need for our house. Sits 6 adults semi comfortably (with split bench - middle passenger in the front seat should be a smaller adult). When it is time to replace her I WILL be getting another Silverado crew cab.

Favorite Features

All the storage compartments in the cab. Comfortable seating. Plenty of power even with the smaller engine.

Suggested Improvements

The only change I would make is better gas mileage. Otherwise I love everything about it.

Wouldn't Buy Again
By biga6462

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I would sell this thing but there are no other trucks that look good to me at the time. I love the looks of the truck and handling, but there is so many other things that make me sick about this vehicle. After looking at the internet all of my problems are shared by many others. Here are some of the issues I have had with the truck. Fuel Purge valve had to be replaced and relocated because it was placed in an area where dust affected its performance, the rear back glass leaks water after a rain, the speakers rattle in the door, the dash and door trim rattles, the door trim has come apart, the brakes overheat, pulsate, and leak DOT fluid. A complete piece of junk in my opinion

Crossing My Fingers! So far So Good!
By soybatoman

I bought the truck new in Sept 2007. Now close to 4 years and 43K miles only 1 problem. I had to change out the broken hubs at 40K so no warranty. The only major complaint I have is the harsh transmission. It jerks, clunks and hard shifting which the dealer says "normal". Another problem is a wind noise at speeds over 65MPH coming from front doors or dash??. I do have to say it's a great truck. I did install a 6" lift kit, 35" tires and 4.56 gears at 8K

Favorite Features

Plenty of room for 6 people. Great dash layout. Great exterior design. the truck looks huge with lift kit and bigger tires.

Suggested Improvements

This truck needs a 6 speed transmission and better paint job

best truck ever owned.
By dom16

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i love my 2007 chevy silverado over all i love evrything about it, it takes off like a bat outta heck shifts are smoth dont even feel them really mean engine roar when peddle to the floor! stops on a dime i drive this truck HARD! im never easy on it iv towed boats,hay,68 skylark it felt like ther was nothing there i have not had replace anything on it i baught it new (demo truck) in 07 an not even replaced the goodyear stockers that wont pass the toothpick test an what made me even more happy is i live in texas we got 5inches of ice an with the bald tires didnt loose it at all with the tration control on!iv rode it hard an put up wet an it has not failed me once i highly sugest this truck!!!

Favorite Features

tration controle, bose stareo, engine an tranny , the 8 to 4 banger change saves me alot of gas!

Suggested Improvements

the only draw back is that i have a short in the back cab of it witch has my back driver side speaker wine when im flooring it an the only way to shut that winning up is to push the back seprite stareo on an the tire sincers froze when i took the truck to colorado in the middle of winted but other then that i love this truck to death!

Satisfied but not thrilled
By andymick32

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've now owned my Silverado LTZ for 3.5 years. I haven't had any major problems, but have had my fair share of small ones. I had a battery problem when I first bought the truck that the dealer replaced. I needed to replace a rear wiring harness that had corroded, the electronic rear sliding window broke and needed replaced, the DVD broke and needed new wiring, my air bag sensor went bad and also needed replaced. I love the exterior and interior looks of the truck, but am disappointed with the electrical issues so far. The truck has so many bells and whistles that things are going to quit working eventually. Fuel economy is okay so far. I average 15 mpg city and 18.5-19 on the highway.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior styling. It has 60k miles on it and still drives like it's a brand new car. No road noise whatsoever. I've also added a K&N cold air intake and a Magnaflow exhaust. Love the sound of her taking off.

Suggested Improvements

Better electrical quality. Needs a bigger grill and needs to sit up higher. Also needs a better Navigation system.

fuel mileage
By sandiegoco

I have owned my Silverado for four years. I have the 4.8 V8 and 3.73 gears. I have found over the years that Chevy gears their vehicles too tall, thus the low gearing. Fuel mileage is sub par. I get 13 mpg in the city, 14 to 15 with a little suburbia thrown in, and 17 - 19 on the freeway. Only got 20 mpg once on the Olympic Penninsila--flat at 55 mpg. Reliability has been outstanding--only a fuel guage relay (?) that went out. I have towed a Honda Civic from Southern California to Portland Or. and back with no problems and got 14 mpg. The truck is extremely comfortable, but the fuzzy seats collect lint like crazy--what's with that? I recommend this truck, but with the 5.3 and 6 speed.

Favorite Features

Room, cargo loading options, ride, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Seats (lint) and more power with better fuel economy.

Eh, just ok
By Jack

I have owned the vehicle for almost three years. No crazy stories to tell, been a good vehicle. I have the 4.8 which really is fine if you don't want to pull anything. My complaint is the constant upshift for hills. In fact driving across Missouri in a snowstorm, the wind was enough to make it downshift. My brother who has the 5.3 states his is worse because you have to lay on the pedal to make it downshift causing loss of speed at every hill. Good solid truck, few rattles, but solid. The factory American general tires are worthless though, they got me about 28k and were shot-mpg is about 15 hwy/city but about 13 pulling a jet ski. I will probably upgrade in near future.

Favorite Features

overall outside body style, have had lots of compliments even now being a few years old I get good compliments.

Suggested Improvements

Had some issues adding a bug deflector- a standard addition to a pickup. The crazy wind noise can be handled by simply putting double sided foam tape under the rubber seals on left and right side of the windshield- it does fit it.

Parting with my 2007 Silverado Crew
By SilverNiffs75

Daily driver, never towed anything, 100% dealer service, the warranty covered all failures including a complete fuse box, three batteries, two wiring recalls, a valve job, multiple service required stability and traction control DIC warnings and rusting molding. Unfortunately the transmission let go completely at 12K over the 5/100 and the dealership and GM are nowhere to be found. Will be selling, due to possibility of more engine work ahead.

Favorite Features

Good looking pick up, well laid out interior. The whole family loves it.

Suggested Improvements

Have the different GM units communicate better. The warranty department was asking to extend coverage after my vehicle passed the mileage limit. I had to call several times to correct this. Add IPod jack to Bose.

New top end at 56K ?????
By Bob

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Silverado. Last one (2001) went 143K with zero dealer visits. Bought used 07 crew this time at 48k miles. Much improved truck. More power for my 6500lb boat. Stays in top gear more. Very smooth ride. Much better handling. 17.8 mpg on my 07, 14.9 on my 01 model. Problem, at 56K, the lifters were replaced today under warranty. Starting to get concerned.

Favorite Features

tow haul, center console,

Suggested Improvements

Head rest is too wide and you cannot see behind you while backing up. Seats show lint.