2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Cheap interior surfaces again
By 71novaguy on 08/05/12 09:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 07 Silverado during the summer of 2007. Truck looked great with the z71, chrome, and desert brown metallic paint. Truck has proven reliable. No issues with the power train. The seats are comfy, and we use it for long trips and moving with my job. But, its not without issues. Had a water leak. Turned out to be the 3rd brake light. Stained the headliner and had to fight GM to fix. Has had a blown rear shock, annoying underhood vibration, and check engine light due to a crankshaft sensor connector loose (GM fixed all issues). Now the dash has cracked at 87,500 miles. GM knows its an issue (check youtube), but will not fix. Almost every dash cracks around the passenger airbag.

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise on 05/13/12 19:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was dead set against a pickup when it was time to trade in my Trailblazer but I test drove it to humor my husband(ok...to get him to get off my case) and immediately fell in love with it. She is solid and has never let me down or made me feel unsafe no matter how deep the snow. Yes, I am a woman who LOVES her pickup!! She tows our camper effortlessly and hauls anything and everything we need for our house. Sits 6 adults semi comfortably (with split bench - middle passenger in the front seat should be a smaller adult). When it is time to replace her I WILL be getting another Silverado crew cab.

Wouldn't Buy Again
By biga6462 on 11/09/11 09:22 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I would sell this thing but there are no other trucks that look good to me at the time. I love the looks of the truck and handling, but there is so many other things that make me sick about this vehicle. After looking at the internet all of my problems are shared by many others. Here are some of the issues I have had with the truck. Fuel Purge valve had to be replaced and relocated because it was placed in an area where dust affected its performance, the rear back glass leaks water after a rain, the speakers rattle in the door, the dash and door trim rattles, the door trim has come apart, the brakes overheat, pulsate, and leak DOT fluid. A complete piece of junk in my opinion

Crossing My Fingers! So far So Good!
By soybatoman on 06/07/11 18:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck new in Sept 2007. Now close to 4 years and 43K miles only 1 problem. I had to change out the broken hubs at 40K so no warranty. The only major complaint I have is the harsh transmission. It jerks, clunks and hard shifting which the dealer says "normal". Another problem is a wind noise at speeds over 65MPH coming from front doors or dash??. I do have to say it's a great truck. I did install a 6" lift kit, 35" tires and 4.56 gears at 8K

best truck ever owned.
By dom16 on 03/20/11 02:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i love my 2007 chevy silverado over all i love evrything about it, it takes off like a bat outta heck shifts are smoth dont even feel them really mean engine roar when peddle to the floor! stops on a dime i drive this truck HARD! im never easy on it iv towed boats,hay,68 skylark it felt like ther was nothing there i have not had replace anything on it i baught it new (demo truck) in 07 an not even replaced the goodyear stockers that wont pass the toothpick test an what made me even more happy is i live in texas we got 5inches of ice an with the bald tires didnt loose it at all with the tration control on!iv rode it hard an put up wet an it has not failed me once i highly sugest this truck!!!

Satisfied but not thrilled
By andymick32 on 02/21/11 11:37 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've now owned my Silverado LTZ for 3.5 years. I haven't had any major problems, but have had my fair share of small ones. I had a battery problem when I first bought the truck that the dealer replaced. I needed to replace a rear wiring harness that had corroded, the electronic rear sliding window broke and needed replaced, the DVD broke and needed new wiring, my air bag sensor went bad and also needed replaced. I love the exterior and interior looks of the truck, but am disappointed with the electrical issues so far. The truck has so many bells and whistles that things are going to quit working eventually. Fuel economy is okay so far. I average 15 mpg city and 18.5-19 on the highway.

fuel mileage
By sandiegoco on 01/30/11 15:35 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Silverado for four years. I have the 4.8 V8 and 3.73 gears. I have found over the years that Chevy gears their vehicles too tall, thus the low gearing. Fuel mileage is sub par. I get 13 mpg in the city, 14 to 15 with a little suburbia thrown in, and 17 - 19 on the freeway. Only got 20 mpg once on the Olympic Penninsila--flat at 55 mpg. Reliability has been outstanding--only a fuel guage relay (?) that went out. I have towed a Honda Civic from Southern California to Portland Or. and back with no problems and got 14 mpg. The truck is extremely comfortable, but the fuzzy seats collect lint like crazy--what's with that? I recommend this truck, but with the 5.3 and 6 speed.

Eh, just ok
By Jack on 09/04/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned the vehicle for almost three years. No crazy stories to tell, been a good vehicle. I have the 4.8 which really is fine if you don't want to pull anything. My complaint is the constant upshift for hills. In fact driving across Missouri in a snowstorm, the wind was enough to make it downshift. My brother who has the 5.3 states his is worse because you have to lay on the pedal to make it downshift causing loss of speed at every hill. Good solid truck, few rattles, but solid. The factory American general tires are worthless though, they got me about 28k and were shot-mpg is about 15 hwy/city but about 13 pulling a jet ski. I will probably upgrade in near future.

Parting with my 2007 Silverado Crew
By SilverNiffs75 on 06/25/10 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Daily driver, never towed anything, 100% dealer service, the warranty covered all failures including a complete fuse box, three batteries, two wiring recalls, a valve job, multiple service required stability and traction control DIC warnings and rusting molding. Unfortunately the transmission let go completely at 12K over the 5/100 and the dealership and GM are nowhere to be found. Will be selling, due to possibility of more engine work ahead.

Good truck but some things got to change
By dustin on 04/18/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for 2.5 years since new and I really do love my truck, it runs great and looks great and is comfortable and fun to drive. Plenty of power. Unfortunately there are just some things you don't think about when test driving. The select cloth seats collect lint like crazy, Why in the world would GM use this material. The basic speakers are not very good at all,rattle even at a low volume. Gas mileage is horrible when towing, pulls like a champ though. Had rear main seal replaced at 25k and rotors turned at 35k. side moldings starting to peel off at 45k, Overall I think its a great truck, and I use it like a truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.