Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

MPG
By sutibunu

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I average 16-18 combines, 16 city and 18-20 highway. Towing the Coquihalla highway with our travel trailer (22ft komfort) ~4000KG I got about 8mpg. coming back down the Coq, I averages 13-15mpg.

just right.
By jeffmills1970

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my silverado from the dealer in 2013 it was a tradeIin one owner. Had 40,000 miles when I got it. It has been one of the best vehicles ive ever owned and ive had plenty in mt 41 years. It is as tight and smooth as my 2010 ford Explorer. All though im having issues with my explorerfour wheel drive Iis going out and making noises. My silverado is running strong with 65,000 on it now . I bought the ford new and will not have another one ive told my wife your next one will be a chevy. Ive owned plenty of both but never at the same time. And this has shown me where the quality is its with chevy.

Favorite Features

Interior, body style, smooth ride,

Suggested Improvements

None love it as is.

Cheap interior surfaces again
By 71novaguy

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 07 Silverado during the summer of 2007. Truck looked great with the z71, chrome, and desert brown metallic paint. Truck has proven reliable. No issues with the power train. The seats are comfy, and we use it for long trips and moving with my job. But, its not without issues. Had a water leak. Turned out to be the 3rd brake light. Stained the headliner and had to fight GM to fix. Has had a blown rear shock, annoying underhood vibration, and check engine light due to a crankshaft sensor connector loose (GM fixed all issues). Now the dash has cracked at 87,500 miles. GM knows its an issue (check youtube), but will not fix. Almost every dash cracks around the passenger airbag.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfy. Truck rides and handles good. Factory tires lasted 65k. Mileage has been pretty good (18 mpg average). Dogs love the rear windows that roll down, and I still like that the rear doors flip 180.

Suggested Improvements

Replace dash with one that will make it more than 5 years. Factory speakers won't last. Replaced mine within 4 years. They didn't blow, just stopped working. CD won't alway eject the first time. Fix the high frequency noise that happens when you use On-Star. I didn't renew because you could hear the high pitch noise when using it. Varies with engine RPM. Give the 4.8 the 6 speed trans. Engine lacks alot of power down low. 6 Speed would fix that easily.

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I was dead set against a pickup when it was time to trade in my Trailblazer but I test drove it to humor my husband(ok...to get him to get off my case) and immediately fell in love with it. She is solid and has never let me down or made me feel unsafe no matter how deep the snow. Yes, I am a woman who LOVES her pickup!! She tows our camper effortlessly and hauls anything and everything we need for our house. Sits 6 adults semi comfortably (with split bench - middle passenger in the front seat should be a smaller adult). When it is time to replace her I WILL be getting another Silverado crew cab.

Favorite Features

All the storage compartments in the cab. Comfortable seating. Plenty of power even with the smaller engine.

Suggested Improvements

The only change I would make is better gas mileage. Otherwise I love everything about it.

I LOVE this truck! She has never let me down.
By mparadise

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)