2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: You get what you pay for

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

You get what you pay for
By darasdad on

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My truck has the V6, limited slip differential, A/C, and cruise, and the sticker was $19000. The V6 is a dog. When I use the cruise at interstate speeds, the engine will speed up to 4500 rpm on even a small hill. This is excessive and unacceptable. However, I was told by the dealer that is the nature of the V6. The warning dinger is terribly loud. My limited slip differential/transmission is clunky. The windshield wipers don't come up very far for servicing, and the radio antenna is in the way when needing to scrape frost from the windshield. The cup holders placement on the floor is horrible, and everything else is quite mediochre. I guess I got what I paid for, and that is a $19k truck.

Dual zone climate control, automatic headlights.

Soften the warning dinger, more horsepower in the V6, place the antenna in the windshield, redesign the hood so that the windshield wipers can be raised, better placement of the cup holders.