2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - SS

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

SS Extended Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

SS
By steve needs on

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Beautiful red attracts lots of attention. Hi-test gas only; costs $62.00+ to fill. Ample accelleration, but I'd like another 100 HP from the factory. With the special trim it is not possible to add a lot of the extras that typically fit trucks (i.e. running boards). It drives beautifully, has zero wind noise, and has no water leaks. Still not really enough room for people in the rear seat.

Favorite Features

The SS attracts comments and discussions practically every time I refuel. Both from Baby Boomers who remember the 60's, to the new generation that love the 20's. Unique enough that all owners in Columbus, Ohio recognize the others.

Suggested Improvements

I can't get comfortable in the Lazy Boy seat. It has many adjustments, but none of them work for me. I have to put something on the seat like a rolled-up towell or I get back pain. Chevy continues to produce trucks with no brakes-and with a trailer it is a toss up whether it's going to begin to slow down.