2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Plush Ride...Comfy for a big g

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LT3 Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.8 ft. Bed)

Plush Ride...Comfy for a big guy!
By Satisfied in TN on

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm not a fan of GM's much maligned interior but the LT3 makes it as nice as possible. The 10-way power leather seats are great. There is ample room in the back seat even behind me when I'm driving, I'm 6'4". The 5.3 V8 w/ the 3.42 rear end cruies the interstate effortlessly (75 mph/2000 rpm). The Bose audio system is awesome! It sounds better than the system in my father-in-law's BMW 645i that cost $90K. I like the updated grill and hood of the 2006. GM should make larger rims affordable. The factory 17's are okay but some nice brushed aluminum 20's, not optional polished chrome $2000 20's!! Also considered the Toyota (too car-like and flimsy) and Ford (worse MPG).

Favorite Features

Bose Stereo System! Most comfortable seats of all makes with the 10-way heated power captain chairs in the Silverado. The 5.3 is the perfect combination of power and economy. The Crew Cab 4X4 gets over 20 mpg! No other make can do that. The AutoTrack 4X4 system is unique of all trucks.

Suggested Improvements

They need to upgrade the interior. Chevy needs to offer a decently priced 20" brushed wheel. A 5 or 6 speed auto tranny would be nice. Who the heck would pay OnStar $16.95/month in case you lock your keys in your car? The cool OnStar stuff costs more! Chevy should copy Nissan's bed system.