service airbag light
By tony on
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)
I bought this truck tom replace my 97 s10 because I needed a bigger truck for my business. Great truck for hauling, towing, and comfort. But I've had a problem wiht the service air bag light and its been to 2 different dealers a total of 11 times for the same problem. Its been in for the intermediate shaft, front and the front rotors plus a clip to open the door. To many stupid little things that should not happen and the airbag problem that should have been fixed already.
Favorite Features
All in all a good truck for towing and hauling and comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Stop using inadequate rotors and intermediate shafts and a self destructing intake manifolds at around 70k and they might get some of there lost customers back. To many little things that shouldn't happen.
By lovesub
on 05/17/14 07:03 AM (PDT)

1) Our Silverado 1500 has the airbag sensor issue as yours - will not inflate in a collision! 2) Have been trying to communicate with GM for 3 days! After 14 phones calls with GM customer care, we are still waiting to get a response! 3) The public need to know: GM customer care stated: your vehicle is not on the Recall list, after a report, we will access the situation based on statistics......... Obviously, GM is still waiting to have more lost of lives before anything is done..... ""Safety is our top priority, and today's announcement puts all manufacturers on notice that they will be held accountable if they fail to quickly report and address safety-related defects," U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said in a news release announcing the fine."