I'm happy with the overall performance
By hockytwn02 on
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
This truck rides so darn smooth, and has power. I am unhappy with the gas mileage, craftmanship, and engineering. However I do understand w/ the 5.3 it will consume more fuel, but at 13.8 mpg I am forced to buy aftermarket products for the truck. Not everyone can keep a tonneu cover on constantly. The tailights got broken when pulling out plywood, the carpet was not tucked in around the doors, the seatbelt cover was not screwed down, and biggest one of all is The box was very off centered. Had to take back to dealer and get a loner for 2 days. No handle for passengers to hold on to, only the bar for the front passenger.
Favorite Features
I like the power and comfort (rides like a cadilac) of the bad machine. When you step on the gas pedal you hear the horses kick in. The height of the vehicle is great I sit higher than most trucks. The readings on the dash, very helpful.
Suggested Improvements
Redesign the tailights to inset a little more, not to stick out into the bed. Place handles as a standard feature for all passengers. The hood cant see the corners in front of you very well.