2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: 6.0 Liter Powerhouse

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

6.0 Liter Powerhouse
By Andy J on

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

06 Silverado 1500 with Vortec Max package. I purchased this truck in Feb. of 08 after being T-boned in my 99 Sierra. I had been looking for the bigger 6 L. motor to pull my work trailer for a long period of time before the accident. Luckily this gem popped up when I really had to buy. I fell in love at first drive. The motor's power really is something else. It responds immediately at any speed when even light pedal is put down. Mileage with this motor is great. It actually puts my old 5.3 to shame. I average 13 city(Downtown Minneapolis: True stop and go) and @ 50-55 MPH: 21 MPG/@75 MPH 18MPG. It has all the bells and whistles. Great for towing. Love it!

Heated leather, Vortec Max package, Steering wheel controls, 4th door, Gas mileage(for a truck)

Better change holder........Maybe an integrated brake controller. Turning on the climate control could be easier. Also, do not like the new bright/dim headlight setup.