2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
First Impressions
By New Owner on 01/08/06 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the truck for about 1 week. Has the 5300 310 HP motor, Z71, trailer towing, LT1 amenities. Has plenty of power.40/20/40 bench seat is very comfortable on my lower back. Rides pretty good for a 4X4. One important thing for me was when you pop the hood nearly all of the engine components are accessible. With the electric cooling fans it opens up the engine compartment tremendously. If you had to perform any repairs yourself in the future, at least you can get to most of the components.Keeps the frustration level down. I do have a problem with the fit of the doors. The passenger door does not shut tight to the seal on the rear door.Alignment on driver's door is poor also.

1500 Silverado
By Drew on 01/06/06 18:02 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I owned an F150 prior to buying a 1500 Silverado. The ride of the F150 does not even come close to the ride of the Silverado, the 1500 is much smoother, quieter, and generally a more comfortable ride. I am extremely happy with the Silverado 1500.

Should have got the V8
By Craig Biggio on 01/03/06 21:35 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

New Silverado LT1 ext. cab with 4.3 V6. Great upgrade on the grille from the older models, interior very sleek, not too fancy, just "domestic". Overall satisfied with the truck except for the fact that there is a vibration in my exhaust. Feels like a strain on the motor, happens at low speeds and accelerations. Dealer mechanic said it's not a problem, and common on all 4.3 v6's. But its annoying as heck. Especially annoying that he mentioned the V8 never has this problem. Nothing he can do about it. So its something I have to live with. Great truck, would be perfect with a nice "quiet" v6. Want to save on the gas? My advice would be to try the hybrid, just dont get the V6.

Plush Ride...Comfy for a big guy!
By Satisfied in TN on 01/02/06 18:45 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm not a fan of GM's much maligned interior but the LT3 makes it as nice as possible. The 10-way power leather seats are great. There is ample room in the back seat even behind me when I'm driving, I'm 6'4". The 5.3 V8 w/ the 3.42 rear end cruies the interstate effortlessly (75 mph/2000 rpm). The Bose audio system is awesome! It sounds better than the system in my father-in-law's BMW 645i that cost $90K. I like the updated grill and hood of the 2006. GM should make larger rims affordable. The factory 17's are okay but some nice brushed aluminum 20's, not optional polished chrome $2000 20's!! Also considered the Toyota (too car-like and flimsy) and Ford (worse MPG).

Excellent replacement for a stolen Ram
By badfbob on 12/27/05 00:03 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Truck runs and looks great! I chose this one over the crew cab due to increased ride height. The ride height on mine compares evenly with a Z71. Nice, supple ride and handling, even with the stock 17" Generals on standard chrome rims. Getting great gas mileage (17MPG in mixed driving), even with the 3.73 rear end. That's a 25-30% increase over my stolen Hemi Ram!

Great all around
By SteveO on 12/15/05 17:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a real truck. My buddies with Fords agree. Have taken her off-road several times. No problem getting around or pulling buddies out of the mud. Anybody looking for the best truck needs to look and compare this truck to any thing on the market. Hands down I am now a Chevy driver for life.

Best all around truck
By Karl on 12/12/05 00:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I spent 9 months deciding on the right truck. I needed crew cab,4WD,Leather/ power everything,comfortable yet lots of performance. Had it down to Tundra and the Titan. This beats them both. Tundra was like a camry inside and fell way short on the accessories and the titan was just not comfortable to drive. Silverados comfort is phenominal,looks great, tons of storage, get 15-18mpg, handles like a car, can tow massive loads, 4 wheel in the snow in Idaho mountains is incredible, and it has more features than either the Titan or the Tundra. Plus, $7000 cheaper than both models. From driving to work to beating around the back country, this truck is #1!!

Glad I went Chevy
By silvy on 11/22/05 19:23 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased this truck, still on the first tank of gas. Traded a 2004 chevy with 39K miles and got $6000 less than I paid. $6000 for 39000 miles is not bad, never a days trouble either. Better than the $10000 less offered to my friend for his one year old Titan with 23000 miles by the Nissan dealer. So much for the the so called great resale value of the imports. This 2006 drives like a dream. Smooth, powerful, quiet, and comfortable. Everything I could ask for.

SS owner
By McDonald on 11/17/05 07:16 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Looks good and rides excellent! The fuel economy is not great, but you have to give up something for style...and style, it has! Everyone stops and looks at this CHEVY.

Z71 w/3.42 Axle Ratio
By Owner on 11/11/05 22:05 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have 5,100 miles on my Victory RED '06 now and not excited or disappointed. This is a nice average American truck that has had 7 or 8 years to work out the proplems since it's introduction in Fall of 1998. This truck still does not compete with the likes of the Nissan Titan, as of yet....I hope the 2007 Silverado redo will put the Silverado back on the top. I don't tow anything and choose the low gears (3.42) for fuel economy, and quite surprised with 17.1 average with 15 city/19 highway, just as the window sticker indicated. Plenty of power, but not as much as the Nissan Titan which in turn gives 14 mpg average. Brakes work great since GM dropped rear discs for old-school drums in 06

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.