Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Intimidator
By je

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome engine and suspension combination. I have the Earnhardt limited edition. I have added dual exhaust which I think they should come stock with.

Power, style, suspension

Dual exhaust.

Great all around truck
By Rick

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 22K in 8 months on this truck. I drive long distances, I haul a boat with it, I haul my motorcycles, my quads. I use it as a work truck on my acreage, I use it to drag yard tools and it is the best truck I have ever owned. I had an '03 F-150 and an '05 Titan and I will never buy anything but Chevy again. Averaging over 18MPG overall. Tows great, hauls great, durable, long lasting. Love the no nonsense interior as opposed to the reviews that want luxury sissy interiors. Tough truck, great price.

Seats are comfortable. Looks better than the rest. Great power and great handling.

More storage in the back under the seats.

A good country truck
By A Jerd

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

During the summers I use this truck for my small business. In its 8ft bed it can haul a considerable amount of weight, up to 3 or 4 yards of wet mulch. As a college student, I drive back and forth to home often, and the gas mileage is great. Passing power is exceptional, I feel, for the V6. Acceleration isn't always reliable and I sometimes question the torque, but I love it. The interior is basic, and easy on the eyes. I've driven the similar Ford model, and in general, the steering, and power feels more profound and well done.

Large bed, lighted display, and safety messages that beep in the dash.

Receiving strength in the radio. Front end is very bulky and low to the ground.

2006 Chevy Crew Cab
By Steve

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

3.73 axle ratio helps MPG: 19 city/23+ highway - great for a truck, but I'd like better. Great power, chirping tires down the road. Folks complain that the interior design is old school, but I like it. Biggest issue is that the steering wheel feels off center from the seat. Great ride, fun to drive, hands down winner compared to Lariat. Big, comfortable cab is great for kids and adults. Rear radio with headphones is a hit with me and the kids. American Eagle tires are junk. Bargain for better tires. I like the '06 interior configuration better than '07.

I love this truck! The ride is smooth and the truck is just plain fun to drive. The heated, 10 way adjustable leather seats w/ memory and the powered sunroof are sweet.

Sunroof needs a one-touch close feature. Need an all media reciever: CD/MP3/WAV/Satallite w/ IPOD dock. TMV is too high at $32,413. Out the door for $26,442: LT3 w/ sunroof, Trailer Eq, Locking Diff, ride cntrl, Traction, white walls, sliding rear window, 3.73 axle, High cap air cleaner

2006 Silverado Z71
By Denio

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

No problems. It's smooth and quiet for a four wheel drive big truck. MPG has averaged 16.5 so far around town, not bad.

I like the redundant steering controls, power folding mirrors, and the auto dimming system.

Needs a hand hold for the driver getting in the vehicle. Spare is a pain to remove and install. A $36,000 vehicle and no light in the glove compartment!