2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Great Truck!
By Bart on 03/08/06 09:40 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a fantastic truck. I average about 20 miles per gallon around town. The truck has a lot of get up and go and can spin the tires with ease. I have the 4.8 and am happy with how smoth it performs.

SS Pickup
By Ron on 02/25/06 23:37 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I cannot find anything wrong with this truck. Everything works and all the fits are tighter than anything I've seen on a Tundra. Everyday I find more stuff it has and neat litte "toys" that make this a really fun truck. It also is great for towing... I had to pull a trailer back home (1100 miles) the first week I had it and never even knew it was there. Great Truck!

The Best For the Buck
By FordConvert on 02/23/06 11:04 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I drove every truck on the market when I was shopping. Started with the Ford (screen name) then the Nissan, then Dodge, then Toyota and finally Chevrolet (same as gmc). The Chevy rode the best, had the quietest ride, the best gas mileage, and the looks were 2nd only to Ford. I almost went with the 5.3 engine, but for the money, the 4.8 is plenty capable. Name any other company that will sell you a true crew cab (not a Dodge quad which is a disguised extended) with a V-8 and decent equipment for 23,315 + TT&L. It won't happen. So not only is it by far the most comfortable, it is easily the best buy. And after a little research I found out the Chevy is #1 in resale value (just a plus).

Poor ride, gas mileage, quality
By Harold on 02/17/06 17:35 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Truck delivered with cracked engine shroud, ticking noise in steering column, marred windshield and washboard ride. Dealer fixed shroud and steering column. Balanced and replaced 1 tire but still has washboard ride over 40 mph. Factory says this is a problem they are working on. Windshield still bad and dealer made worse by scraping it with a razor blade. Had an identical 03 Silverado that averaged 19 mpg. This one averages 16 mpg even with a lower (4.53) rear end. No resolution. Dislike that factory elininated passenger turn off switch when carrying older person with back problems. Think Chevrolet has lowered its standards to try and compete with Toyoto, etc. Very disappointed with the '06.

Can't wait till 07's GMC, Toyota, Ford
By Ronald Holstein on 02/10/06 10:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is worth less than our 2005 Sliverado 4dr. 2006 Charged more money for less value on the same truck model of 2005. Chevrolet changed the hood, chrome on grill and painted the bumper for $10,000 more. Really wish we had not purchased. Less standard features. Chevy skimped on interior design. The only redeeming factor is we average on the road 19.9 to 21.0 miles per gallon and 14.9 to 16.8 around town if the indicator is correct. Chevrolet unless we get something for our money in 2007 you have lost our family, we will be driving either GMC, Toyota, Ford. Thanks for saving us money in the coming year cannot wait to trade this vehicle in.

2006 Silverado WT 4WD Reg Cab V8 6.5 bed
By FE Coyle on 02/05/06 11:33 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck to replace my 37 year old GMC which I bought new in 1969. This is the perfect replacement. Its fun to drive ,very good manufacturing quality. I average 20 mpg on highway & 17 in town.I did a lot of research and am very satisfied with my choice.I average about 5000 miles a year on my truck. It is used mostly for pleasure, hunting, fishing etc.

I love my truck
By Landon on 01/26/06 18:04 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very smooth ride, lots of interior room, great acceleration, great power, quiet ride, tight ride, and the awesome exterior design all make this an excellent truck.

Chevy 4WD work truck
By Wolfgang on 01/22/06 01:57 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good truck for little money. Problems: Way way too squishy shocks. Also, way noisy manual transmission...almost cannot hear myself think. Had 1990 with same engine that used about 25% less gas.

"Heartbeat of America"
By Dusty on 01/14/06 16:25 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This Chevy truck has the 5.3 liter V8- more fun than I could have imagined- and is the replacement for a 2005 Chevy Silverado that I totalled on my way to work when a 2500# cow decided to cross the road in front of me. It was all about 2 seconds of ABS; 1 second of airbag and I walked away with minor bruises. You bet I got another Chevy truck ( more bells and whistles this time) and I can pound up any of the mountain roads around here without breaking a sweat. Quiet, comfortable for long drives; avg. mpg 20 - sweet truck and a definite "keeper".

Like a Rock as expected
By MoMule66 on 01/11/06 22:19 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent truck as expected. 1500 miles so far and outside of keeping black paint clean this truck is great! Acceleration is fantastic, much better than my old '98 chevy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.