2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Clearance Specials
By Marko221 on 08/09/06 21:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an extended cab 1500 with the "Limited Edition" package that isn't advertised much. It came with chrome 20's, special suspension, 3.73 tranny and the 5.3 V8. XM satellite radio is free for 3 months. What sold me was the 0% financing for 72 months during the July 4th weekend. Biggest complaint is the turning radius. Seems too small for a long vehicle. Excellent power. I'm chirping tires during rolling acceleration. Stiff suspension bounces you around when bed is empty. Seating for 6 is huge! I can stuff 6 adults comfortably and can still feel the power during acceleration. The overall look is mean yet distinguished. I've had many Chevy owners asking me if this is the new model.

Great Truck
By Eddie on 08/03/06 21:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck. Traded in my '04 EXT for the 4 door. I am a plain guy that doesn't need a fancy interior. It is a truck to a fashion statement. I get good fuel economy and it runs great. Comfortable ride. Buy American.

Fun to drive
By Sam on 08/01/06 14:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I tried them all and in the end it was an easy choice. I have no problems towing a boat or trailer, gets ok gas mileage, is very comfortable, and a very nice ride. By far the best truck I have ever had and I have had a Ford and a Toyota.

Improved
By kurb on 07/23/06 20:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the smooth ride in the '06 crew cab. I had a 2000 Silverado and it wasn't nearly as smooth of a ride. Very strong engine. Sound system is great. Very comfortable seating.

Love it
By John on 07/19/06 08:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I drove it off the lot with 7 miles on it. 5000 miles later and not a problem. This truck will go anywhere. I even pulled a 4wd truck out of a mud hole. (after I drove arround him!)

Siverado the sierra slayer
By Top Dawg Silverado on 07/02/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I Love my Silverado. It drives like a dream , excellent power, nice cornering. Also the fuel economy is a lot better than I had expected.

Great Truck
By Jessica on 06/07/06 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck because we loved the way it looked and ran. It is a wonderful buy I would continue to buy Chevy. It fits a family of 4 with 2 carseats no problem.

Perfect vehicle for single car family
By Todd on 06/07/06 09:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Perfect vehicle for single car family. Rides and drives as good as any sedan and can haul or tow what a sedan can not. I am averaging 22 MPG a tank since I purchased the truck and got 24 MPG on my long vacation trip.

Best of the bunch
By wmcneil on 06/03/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is an awesome truck. They added just the right balance of features. Everything that I wanted and almost nothing that I would not use. The suspension is a little soft in the twisty's, but perfect everywhere else. The only thing that bugs me a little is a blank area on the dash. It is saved for the transmission temp on the HD model.

Katy's Truck
By Katy Rushing on 06/01/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have only had our truck a few months but it is awesome. I really enjoy it and it is great to have with kids. The 4 doors are really nice. I love to drive it. The customer service with our dealership couldn't be better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.