Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Always wanted a Z71
By Strain

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All in all, a good truck. Hate the tires that came with it, Bridgestones. Why I couldn't get lucky and get the Goodyear Wranglers. I have the LT2 package, and you would think I would have a mirror on the driver's visor (I chew, so I have to check my teeth prior to meetings). Hate the 6 disc cd player, still confused on how to work it and I have owned the truck for 2 years now. Little plastic caps keep falling off the door that cover the screws. I would also like to know if there is a way for the dual climate control to move on both sides. I hate having to move mine to, say 68, then the passengers side to 68 as well.

4WD Crew Cab. Able to load the entire family of 5 up to go either out to eat, or camping.

Horrible Bridgestones, every tire has had a flat, mirror on driver's visor, steering is tough, upgrade the dual ac controls.

My 5th Chevy truck
By jojo

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven a Chevy truck from a 1968 to a 2006. The power and performance of this truck is perfect. My friend has a pontoon boat that looks big as a house. No problem, hook it up and we're gone. And a very comfortable ride also. Long or short drive no problem. My next truck will be a Chevy truck. The best truck there is.

Electric seats, windows, mirrors. And an AC that will have you blowing smoke out your mouth.

Nothing needs to be changed.

Perfect Truck for me
By Bouch

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Basically I'm a home-owner and fix it guy. Needed a truck to drive for sales calls and around the house to haul and do home fix its. Perfect truck is this! Crew cab is huge, short bed is no problem with plywood/drywall. Simple interior but nice and respectable--much nicer than Toyotas (the other truck I was considering--T has weak engine too at 4.7).

Two tone leather seats. Good gas mileage for a full size truck

Wood panel (Denali-like) interior

2006 Silverado Truck
By Ronald N. Burns

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle has very good performance and handling characteristics for work application on the farm. Power is more than sufficient for any work or load requirements in the farm operation. Ease of use and performance of 4 wheel drive is excellent.

Six cylinder engine with automatic transmission and two and four wheel drive availability.

Keyless entry and electric door locks and windows.

Get with it GM
By murdog

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 2006 Silverado and drive it off of the Lot and the next day it was back at the dealer for a repair of the alternator. Then at 9000 miles in for a tranny seal. Then at 17000 miles for the OnStar antenna falling off and the visor falling off and hitting my wife in the head. The truck has been good on gas avg of 20 Hwy 16 city. Not too bad. But as many times as it has been to the dealer for things breaking that should never break. I just bought a 2008 Ford Fusion for work and will be solidly in the Ford camp now.

Digital climate control. XM radio. The power. Highway manners. Best mileage in its class.

Build quality. The cost of OnStar compaered to the amount of usage. Crummy tires from the factory. More towing capacity. 6000lbs isn't enough when the F-150 has 9100.