2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Great Truck
By Jessica on 06/07/06 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT3 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck because we loved the way it looked and ran. It is a wonderful buy I would continue to buy Chevy. It fits a family of 4 with 2 carseats no problem.

Perfect vehicle for single car family
By Todd on 06/07/06 09:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Perfect vehicle for single car family. Rides and drives as good as any sedan and can haul or tow what a sedan can not. I am averaging 22 MPG a tank since I purchased the truck and got 24 MPG on my long vacation trip.

Great Truck
By Eric on 05/12/06 15:14 PM (PDT)

4wd 1500 5.3L HO engine. Averaging 18.55 mpg highway and city. Great power, comfortable seats, interior is no nonsense. I would buy another in a heart beat. I put about 1.5K a month on my truck and it runs great.

Love it
By Firefighter106 on 05/02/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Pros: 17 inch wheels, Smooth Auto transmission, Standard Tow Hooks, Price. Cons: Exhaust vibration, sounds like the truck is straining. Weak V6 engine. Fuel enconomy not worth the engine downgrade. No keyhole on passenger door. Work Truck series does not come standard with keyless entry. No arm rest on Work Truck series.

Good Value
By OhioMike on 04/24/06 17:55 PM (PDT)

Upgraded to 4.8 V8, CD player, cloth seats. Fun to drive, but torque leaves something to be desired. Roomy extended cab in front and back. Engine components easily accessible for self- maintenance. 6.5 foot bed provides plenty of space. Smooth riding on the highway, especially with weight in the bed. Seats are comfortable. Decent gas mileage for a V8. ABS system has been refined over the past few years and seems to be more responsive.

Lovin it
By josho on 03/09/06 08:01 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a great one. It does everything I need it to do. Great power and looks better than any other brand on the market. I have the LT1 with leather, and the interior looks good. It's a truck, what do you want to look like a Corvette dash? If you use a truck as a truck, this one is perfect.

Great Truck!
By Bart on 03/08/06 09:40 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a fantastic truck. I average about 20 miles per gallon around town. The truck has a lot of get up and go and can spin the tires with ease. I have the 4.8 and am happy with how smoth it performs.

SS Pickup
By Ron on 02/25/06 23:37 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I cannot find anything wrong with this truck. Everything works and all the fits are tighter than anything I've seen on a Tundra. Everyday I find more stuff it has and neat litte "toys" that make this a really fun truck. It also is great for towing... I had to pull a trailer back home (1100 miles) the first week I had it and never even knew it was there. Great Truck!

Poor ride, gas mileage, quality
By Harold on 02/17/06 17:35 PM (PST)

Truck delivered with cracked engine shroud, ticking noise in steering column, marred windshield and washboard ride. Dealer fixed shroud and steering column. Balanced and replaced 1 tire but still has washboard ride over 40 mph. Factory says this is a problem they are working on. Windshield still bad and dealer made worse by scraping it with a razor blade. Had an identical 03 Silverado that averaged 19 mpg. This one averages 16 mpg even with a lower (4.53) rear end. No resolution. Dislike that factory elininated passenger turn off switch when carrying older person with back problems. Think Chevrolet has lowered its standards to try and compete with Toyoto, etc. Very disappointed with the '06.

Can't wait till 07's GMC, Toyota, Ford
By Ronald Holstein on 02/10/06 10:31 AM (PST)

The truck is worth less than our 2005 Sliverado 4dr. 2006 Charged more money for less value on the same truck model of 2005. Chevrolet changed the hood, chrome on grill and painted the bumper for $10,000 more. Really wish we had not purchased. Less standard features. Chevy skimped on interior design. The only redeeming factor is we average on the road 19.9 to 21.0 miles per gallon and 14.9 to 16.8 around town if the indicator is correct. Chevrolet unless we get something for our money in 2007 you have lost our family, we will be driving either GMC, Toyota, Ford. Thanks for saving us money in the coming year cannot wait to trade this vehicle in.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.