Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

My Son Loves This Truck!
By Wade

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my SS used, as I do with all my trucks, and am very pleased with it. The exterior is so much better looking than the standard Silverado. It drives & rides like a Cadillac. I will never buy any other truck than a GM.

The 6.0L motor is great. It responds nicely when it is stomped on. The front styling is half of what sold me on the truck. I also like the extra room under the rear seat, easier to install sub boxes.

There are only a few things I would improve on. First, I would add a few more stock ponies to the power plant. Second, I would make two tone leather seats & some aluminum accents available for the interior.

My 5th Chevy truck
By jojo

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven a Chevy truck from a 1968 to a 2006. The power and performance of this truck is perfect. My friend has a pontoon boat that looks big as a house. No problem, hook it up and we're gone. And a very comfortable ride also. Long or short drive no problem. My next truck will be a Chevy truck. The best truck there is.

Electric seats, windows, mirrors. And an AC that will have you blowing smoke out your mouth.

Nothing needs to be changed.

Get with it GM
By murdog

I bought this 2006 Silverado and drive it off of the Lot and the next day it was back at the dealer for a repair of the alternator. Then at 9000 miles in for a tranny seal. Then at 17000 miles for the OnStar antenna falling off and the visor falling off and hitting my wife in the head. The truck has been good on gas avg of 20 Hwy 16 city. Not too bad. But as many times as it has been to the dealer for things breaking that should never break. I just bought a 2008 Ford Fusion for work and will be solidly in the Ford camp now.

Digital climate control. XM radio. The power. Highway manners. Best mileage in its class.

Build quality. The cost of OnStar compaered to the amount of usage. Crummy tires from the factory. More towing capacity. 6000lbs isn't enough when the F-150 has 9100.

Heart Beat Of America
By mrual

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck after owning a 92 S-10 4.3 Had no problems with the S-10 and i have no Problems with the silverado the silverado has a 5.3L as everyone else allways looking for better gas mileage before doing anything to my engine i was getting 18.8 MPG so i thought i would replace the OME intake system and replace with K&N cold air intake anyone thinking of doing this please do my performance went threw the roof way better gas mileage and way better performance the engine can finally breath (GM really needs to do something about there air intake systems ).. the interior is great XM and Onstar are a must love the bose sound great room front and back

XM radio, Onstar, comfort front and rear, Bose sound, steering wheel controls, computer systems in dash

Cold air antake systems. Too bad i had to replace to get way better perfomance. Taking down the spare tire looks like it can be a pain.

I'm happy with the overall performance
By hockytwn02

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT3 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rides so darn smooth, and has power. I am unhappy with the gas mileage, craftmanship, and engineering. However I do understand w/ the 5.3 it will consume more fuel, but at 13.8 mpg I am forced to buy aftermarket products for the truck. Not everyone can keep a tonneu cover on constantly. The tailights got broken when pulling out plywood, the carpet was not tucked in around the doors, the seatbelt cover was not screwed down, and biggest one of all is The box was very off centered. Had to take back to dealer and get a loner for 2 days. No handle for passengers to hold on to, only the bar for the front passenger.

I like the power and comfort (rides like a cadilac) of the bad machine. When you step on the gas pedal you hear the horses kick in. The height of the vehicle is great I sit higher than most trucks. The readings on the dash, very helpful.

Redesign the tailights to inset a little more, not to stick out into the bed. Place handles as a standard feature for all passengers. The hood cant see the corners in front of you very well.