2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Always wanted a Z71
By Strain on 09/03/08 11:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All in all, a good truck. Hate the tires that came with it, Bridgestones. Why I couldn't get lucky and get the Goodyear Wranglers. I have the LT2 package, and you would think I would have a mirror on the driver's visor (I chew, so I have to check my teeth prior to meetings). Hate the 6 disc cd player, still confused on how to work it and I have owned the truck for 2 years now. Little plastic caps keep falling off the door that cover the screws. I would also like to know if there is a way for the dual climate control to move on both sides. I hate having to move mine to, say 68, then the passengers side to 68 as well.

My 5th Chevy truck
By jojo on 08/27/08 03:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven a Chevy truck from a 1968 to a 2006. The power and performance of this truck is perfect. My friend has a pontoon boat that looks big as a house. No problem, hook it up and we're gone. And a very comfortable ride also. Long or short drive no problem. My next truck will be a Chevy truck. The best truck there is.

Perfect Truck for me
By Bouch on 05/27/08 07:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Basically I'm a home-owner and fix it guy. Needed a truck to drive for sales calls and around the house to haul and do home fix its. Perfect truck is this! Crew cab is huge, short bed is no problem with plywood/drywall. Simple interior but nice and respectable--much nicer than Toyotas (the other truck I was considering--T has weak engine too at 4.7).

2006 Silverado Truck
By Ronald N. Burns on 05/13/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle has very good performance and handling characteristics for work application on the farm. Power is more than sufficient for any work or load requirements in the farm operation. Ease of use and performance of 4 wheel drive is excellent.

Get with it GM
By murdog on 05/03/08 05:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 2006 Silverado and drive it off of the Lot and the next day it was back at the dealer for a repair of the alternator. Then at 9000 miles in for a tranny seal. Then at 17000 miles for the OnStar antenna falling off and the visor falling off and hitting my wife in the head. The truck has been good on gas avg of 20 Hwy 16 city. Not too bad. But as many times as it has been to the dealer for things breaking that should never break. I just bought a 2008 Ford Fusion for work and will be solidly in the Ford camp now.

2006 Chevy Silverado 4WD WT 4.8L
By Oakhiller on 04/17/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck! I have owned many Chevy trucks and this is the best one so far! I definitely prefer the V8. Better gas mileage and power than the 4.3L V6. Fit and build flawless. Sure footed in ice and snow.

Major Dissapointment
By jwarren on 03/30/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Silverado new in June of 06. Since then, I had a leaky radiator hose, replaced the whole front differential, a transmission leak, numerous steering problems, brake lights went out twice and a few other minor problems. Very dissapointed in this truck. My first new truck and it is nothing but a constant problem. It is in the shop now for a moaning noise in the 4x4 when turning. I am looking at an 08 Tundra or Sierra to replace this mess of a truck. Great power from the engine and ride is great. Gas mileage is okay with about 12 city and up to 17-18 highway.

Great Truck for the Money
By cwosimon on 03/28/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, have the 4.8 V-8, well equiped w/ trailer pkg. Very good power, handles well, good gas mileage. Not as fun as my Dodge Dakota SLT, but close and 40% better mileage. It is our trip vehicle, pulls our two jets ski's, all our gear and the three of us with no problem. At 25,000 miles nothing other than normal maintenance. Well laid out interior and both front and back seat are comfortable. Will buy another is 4 or 5 years.

You get what you pay for
By darasdad on 02/27/08 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My truck has the V6, limited slip differential, A/C, and cruise, and the sticker was $19000. The V6 is a dog. When I use the cruise at interstate speeds, the engine will speed up to 4500 rpm on even a small hill. This is excessive and unacceptable. However, I was told by the dealer that is the nature of the V6. The warning dinger is terribly loud. My limited slip differential/transmission is clunky. The windshield wipers don't come up very far for servicing, and the radio antenna is in the way when needing to scrape frost from the windshield. The cup holders placement on the floor is horrible, and everything else is quite mediochre. I guess I got what I paid for, and that is a $19k truck.

Heart Beat Of America
By mrual on 01/05/08 22:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck after owning a 92 S-10 4.3 Had no problems with the S-10 and i have no Problems with the silverado the silverado has a 5.3L as everyone else allways looking for better gas mileage before doing anything to my engine i was getting 18.8 MPG so i thought i would replace the OME intake system and replace with K&N cold air intake anyone thinking of doing this please do my performance went threw the roof way better gas mileage and way better performance the engine can finally breath (GM really needs to do something about there air intake systems ).. the interior is great XM and Onstar are a must love the bose sound great room front and back

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.