Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

LT3 loaded
By Shay Dunn

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this LT3... we did spray the bedliner. This has been as great truck. I have never had any trouble.. put it in 4x4 and it trucks right out of our 1/2 mile drive up hill... Leather still looks new 3 years later. carpet is good and held up well. my husband is really tall.. and I am short.. the drive 1 and 2 has been wonderful. Looking forward to moving up to the 2500

Favorite Features

heated seats... moonroof both are really great

Suggested Improvements

car charger needs to be somewhere else other than where a person would also be putting their soda.... and well there goes the phone!

6.0 Liter Powerhouse
By Andy J

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

06 Silverado 1500 with Vortec Max package. I purchased this truck in Feb. of 08 after being T-boned in my 99 Sierra. I had been looking for the bigger 6 L. motor to pull my work trailer for a long period of time before the accident. Luckily this gem popped up when I really had to buy. I fell in love at first drive. The motor's power really is something else. It responds immediately at any speed when even light pedal is put down. Mileage with this motor is great. It actually puts my old 5.3 to shame. I average 13 city(Downtown Minneapolis: True stop and go) and @ 50-55 MPH: 21 MPG/@75 MPH 18MPG. It has all the bells and whistles. Great for towing. Love it!

Favorite Features

Heated leather, Vortec Max package, Steering wheel controls, 4th door, Gas mileage(for a truck)

Suggested Improvements

Better change holder........Maybe an integrated brake controller. Turning on the climate control could be easier. Also, do not like the new bright/dim headlight setup.

service airbag light
By tony

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck tom replace my 97 s10 because I needed a bigger truck for my business. Great truck for hauling, towing, and comfort. But I've had a problem wiht the service air bag light and its been to 2 different dealers a total of 11 times for the same problem. Its been in for the intermediate shaft, front and the front rotors plus a clip to open the door. To many stupid little things that should not happen and the airbag problem that should have been fixed already.

Favorite Features

All in all a good truck for towing and hauling and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Stop using inadequate rotors and intermediate shafts and a self destructing intake manifolds at around 70k and they might get some of there lost customers back. To many little things that shouldn't happen.

I Really Enjoy My Truck.
By Haily

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had owned many cars & SUV's (both small & large) and had always wanted a full size pickup truck. I purchased my Silverado and have never been sorry since. I am in the process of purchasing an extended warranty to cover my truck once the manufacturer's warranty runs out in August of this year. The truck is solid & sound, very comfortable with enough power to handle whatever I need. I have the 5.3L V8 4X4 crew cab. The room interior comfort and roominess is hard to find in other trucks. I work for a Ford dealership in sales and have sold/driven most other types of trucks. I have not found one yet that have felt as safe & comfortable as my Silverado!

Good truck
By FRED

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I use this truck for a meat packing plant I own. It has a lot of power and hauls meat, my boats, and a huge trailer of deer hides very well. I never had a mecanical failure on it before. I smoked a deer with it and it had a lot of damage to the front and fender (which still was never fixed right becouse the front bumper and grille is not centered very well). I also like the acceleration on it. Overall I love this truck.

Favorite Features

Power, great towing, smooth ride, greet gas mileage, and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is a little plain, but it is just a truck,