2006 Chevy Crew Cab
By Steve on
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
3.73 axle ratio helps MPG: 19 city/23+ highway - great for a truck, but I'd like better. Great power, chirping tires down the road. Folks complain that the interior design is old school, but I like it. Biggest issue is that the steering wheel feels off center from the seat. Great ride, fun to drive, hands down winner compared to Lariat. Big, comfortable cab is great for kids and adults. Rear radio with headphones is a hit with me and the kids. American Eagle tires are junk. Bargain for better tires. I like the '06 interior configuration better than '07.
Favorite Features
I love this truck! The ride is smooth and the truck is just plain fun to drive. The heated, 10 way adjustable leather seats w/ memory and the powered sunroof are sweet.
Suggested Improvements
Sunroof needs a one-touch close feature. Need an all media reciever: CD/MP3/WAV/Satallite w/ IPOD dock. TMV is too high at $32,413. Out the door for $26,442: LT3 w/ sunroof, Trailer Eq, Locking Diff, ride cntrl, Traction, white walls, sliding rear window, 3.73 axle, High cap air cleaner