2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
My 5th Chevy truck
By jojo on 08/27/08 03:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven a Chevy truck from a 1968 to a 2006. The power and performance of this truck is perfect. My friend has a pontoon boat that looks big as a house. No problem, hook it up and we're gone. And a very comfortable ride also. Long or short drive no problem. My next truck will be a Chevy truck. The best truck there is.

Get with it GM
By murdog on 05/03/08 05:19 AM (PDT)

I bought this 2006 Silverado and drive it off of the Lot and the next day it was back at the dealer for a repair of the alternator. Then at 9000 miles in for a tranny seal. Then at 17000 miles for the OnStar antenna falling off and the visor falling off and hitting my wife in the head. The truck has been good on gas avg of 20 Hwy 16 city. Not too bad. But as many times as it has been to the dealer for things breaking that should never break. I just bought a 2008 Ford Fusion for work and will be solidly in the Ford camp now.

Heart Beat Of America
By mrual on 01/05/08 22:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck after owning a 92 S-10 4.3 Had no problems with the S-10 and i have no Problems with the silverado the silverado has a 5.3L as everyone else allways looking for better gas mileage before doing anything to my engine i was getting 18.8 MPG so i thought i would replace the OME intake system and replace with K&N cold air intake anyone thinking of doing this please do my performance went threw the roof way better gas mileage and way better performance the engine can finally breath (GM really needs to do something about there air intake systems ).. the interior is great XM and Onstar are a must love the bose sound great room front and back

I'm happy with the overall performance
By hockytwn02 on 12/31/06 12:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT3 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rides so darn smooth, and has power. I am unhappy with the gas mileage, craftmanship, and engineering. However I do understand w/ the 5.3 it will consume more fuel, but at 13.8 mpg I am forced to buy aftermarket products for the truck. Not everyone can keep a tonneu cover on constantly. The tailights got broken when pulling out plywood, the carpet was not tucked in around the doors, the seatbelt cover was not screwed down, and biggest one of all is The box was very off centered. Had to take back to dealer and get a loner for 2 days. No handle for passengers to hold on to, only the bar for the front passenger.

Intimidator
By je on 12/30/06 08:14 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome engine and suspension combination. I have the Earnhardt limited edition. I have added dual exhaust which I think they should come stock with.

Great all around truck
By Rick on 11/30/06 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 22K in 8 months on this truck. I drive long distances, I haul a boat with it, I haul my motorcycles, my quads. I use it as a work truck on my acreage, I use it to drag yard tools and it is the best truck I have ever owned. I had an '03 F-150 and an '05 Titan and I will never buy anything but Chevy again. Averaging over 18MPG overall. Tows great, hauls great, durable, long lasting. Love the no nonsense interior as opposed to the reviews that want luxury sissy interiors. Tough truck, great price.

Great Truck for the Price
By Mark on 09/04/06 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Find that the Chevrolet extended cab work truck is an excellent value. Lots of room inside and good comfortable seating. The V6 is challenged to cruise in hilly areas without having to ramp into higher rpms, but does a good job on the highway. Most of these have exhaust vibration as mention by another reviewer. Transmission is smooth and brakes are responsive. I like the hood design for 2006 which is very rare. 21 mpg on the highway is a plus and access to the motor is easy.

Clearance Specials
By Marko221 on 08/09/06 21:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT3 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an extended cab 1500 with the "Limited Edition" package that isn't advertised much. It came with chrome 20's, special suspension, 3.73 tranny and the 5.3 V8. XM satellite radio is free for 3 months. What sold me was the 0% financing for 72 months during the July 4th weekend. Biggest complaint is the turning radius. Seems too small for a long vehicle. Excellent power. I'm chirping tires during rolling acceleration. Stiff suspension bounces you around when bed is empty. Seating for 6 is huge! I can stuff 6 adults comfortably and can still feel the power during acceleration. The overall look is mean yet distinguished. I've had many Chevy owners asking me if this is the new model.

Fun to drive
By Sam on 08/01/06 14:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I tried them all and in the end it was an easy choice. I have no problems towing a boat or trailer, gets ok gas mileage, is very comfortable, and a very nice ride. By far the best truck I have ever had and I have had a Ford and a Toyota.

Siverado the sierra slayer
By Top Dawg Silverado on 07/02/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I Love my Silverado. It drives like a dream , excellent power, nice cornering. Also the fuel economy is a lot better than I had expected.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.