2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 4.3L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

Work Truck Regular Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Overall quality is lacking
By Dave on 12/09/08 19:45 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This was my second Chevy pickup, my first being a '57 stepside. Since that old Chevy, I had evidently been spoiled by a few Fords, two Nissans and a Dodge. No complaints on any of those other pickups, but this Chevy must've been a lemon. Everything from the battery to the temperature control to the transmission gave me trouble in the 9 months that I've had it.

Shaky Chevy
By Jim on 01/25/07 06:58 AM (PST)

Have a 2006 1500 Work Truck. The transmission went out at 7,000 miles. The heater blower wiring burned up at 8000 miles and again at 22,000. The exhaust has a vibration at 40 to 45 mph and the dealer said live with it. Another dealer repaired the wiring correctly and is sure he can fix the vibration. This is a 4.3 V-6 and I would say there is a major difference between service departments in Austin Texas.

Love it
By John on 07/19/06 08:52 AM (PDT)

I love this truck. I drove it off the lot with 7 miles on it. 5000 miles later and not a problem. This truck will go anywhere. I even pulled a 4wd truck out of a mud hole. (after I drove arround him!)