Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Safety issues -Airbag will not inflate!
By lovesub

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Some power to toll and haul stuff

Favorite Features

Enough towing power

Suggested Improvements

Need better design in access to charge battery and do general maintenance.

Not a durable work truck.,
By Ken

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

While It has great mileage for a full size truck, there are few other aspects that I like about it. I didn't expect much from the v-6 but this is bad, I can deal without acceleration but it delivers poor torque while loaded or towing. I like a sparse interior, this one feels cheap. Seats are uncomfortable, I hate having the seatbelt in the seat,always seems to ride up to my neck and is not adjustable (it happens to people of different body types as me). Under dash, loose wires everywhere. Minor issues are starting to appear $30 here and $40 there, wont break the bank but annoying. Poor handling, spongy suspension, like a 1976 wagon. Least favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Payload, Fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

GM better overhaul its whole way of thinking to survive.

service airbag light
By tony

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck tom replace my 97 s10 because I needed a bigger truck for my business. Great truck for hauling, towing, and comfort. But I've had a problem wiht the service air bag light and its been to 2 different dealers a total of 11 times for the same problem. Its been in for the intermediate shaft, front and the front rotors plus a clip to open the door. To many stupid little things that should not happen and the airbag problem that should have been fixed already.

Favorite Features

All in all a good truck for towing and hauling and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Stop using inadequate rotors and intermediate shafts and a self destructing intake manifolds at around 70k and they might get some of there lost customers back. To many little things that shouldn't happen.

Overall quality is lacking
By Dave

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This was my second Chevy pickup, my first being a '57 stepside. Since that old Chevy, I had evidently been spoiled by a few Fords, two Nissans and a Dodge. No complaints on any of those other pickups, but this Chevy must've been a lemon. Everything from the battery to the temperature control to the transmission gave me trouble in the 9 months that I've had it.

Favorite Features

I was quite fond of the body style. It was a nice looking truck.

Suggested Improvements

Attention to detail in the QC department would be nice!

Incredible
By sae185628

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a the 4wd work truck with the upgraded chrome package and seats. It also had the chrome 20 inch Chevy bowtie rims. Absolutely beautiful truck. This is when they came out with the split grille that is much better looking than the 2003-2005 models. Very pleased with this truck. The only reason I got rid of it was because of a round trip commute to work of 60 miles. Gas was going up and I had to do something. I really regret getting rid of it.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage out of the 4wd lineup.