2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Not a durable work truck.,
By Ken on 09/26/09 07:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

While It has great mileage for a full size truck, there are few other aspects that I like about it. I didn't expect much from the v-6 but this is bad, I can deal without acceleration but it delivers poor torque while loaded or towing. I like a sparse interior, this one feels cheap. Seats are uncomfortable, I hate having the seatbelt in the seat,always seems to ride up to my neck and is not adjustable (it happens to people of different body types as me). Under dash, loose wires everywhere. Minor issues are starting to appear $30 here and $40 there, wont break the bank but annoying. Poor handling, spongy suspension, like a 1976 wagon. Least favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

service airbag light
By tony on 04/26/09 05:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck tom replace my 97 s10 because I needed a bigger truck for my business. Great truck for hauling, towing, and comfort. But I've had a problem wiht the service air bag light and its been to 2 different dealers a total of 11 times for the same problem. Its been in for the intermediate shaft, front and the front rotors plus a clip to open the door. To many stupid little things that should not happen and the airbag problem that should have been fixed already.

Overall quality is lacking
By Dave on 12/09/08 19:45 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This was my second Chevy pickup, my first being a '57 stepside. Since that old Chevy, I had evidently been spoiled by a few Fords, two Nissans and a Dodge. No complaints on any of those other pickups, but this Chevy must've been a lemon. Everything from the battery to the temperature control to the transmission gave me trouble in the 9 months that I've had it.

Incredible
By sae185628 on 10/06/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a the 4wd work truck with the upgraded chrome package and seats. It also had the chrome 20 inch Chevy bowtie rims. Absolutely beautiful truck. This is when they came out with the split grille that is much better looking than the 2003-2005 models. Very pleased with this truck. The only reason I got rid of it was because of a round trip commute to work of 60 miles. Gas was going up and I had to do something. I really regret getting rid of it.

Brakes on my Chevy
By terri on 09/26/08 02:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven a Chevy truck for about 20 years now. This 2006 is the first one I've ever had trouble with. Took it back to the dealership in Opelika, Alabama a total of 7 times to get the brakes looked at. Warning lights kept coming on and also the car phone charger hasn't worked since the day it came off the lot. I'm really disappointed in Chevy with this truck. The dealership would not fix it while it was under warranty and the brakes are still having major problems. Hate to say this but probably will not buy another new Chevy.

2006 Silverado Truck
By Ronald N. Burns on 05/13/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle has very good performance and handling characteristics for work application on the farm. Power is more than sufficient for any work or load requirements in the farm operation. Ease of use and performance of 4 wheel drive is excellent.

2006 Chevy Silverado 4WD WT 4.8L
By Oakhiller on 04/17/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

Great truck! I have owned many Chevy trucks and this is the best one so far! I definitely prefer the V8. Better gas mileage and power than the 4.3L V6. Fit and build flawless. Sure footed in ice and snow.

You get what you pay for
By darasdad on 02/27/08 10:43 AM (PST)

My truck has the V6, limited slip differential, A/C, and cruise, and the sticker was $19000. The V6 is a dog. When I use the cruise at interstate speeds, the engine will speed up to 4500 rpm on even a small hill. This is excessive and unacceptable. However, I was told by the dealer that is the nature of the V6. The warning dinger is terribly loud. My limited slip differential/transmission is clunky. The windshield wipers don't come up very far for servicing, and the radio antenna is in the way when needing to scrape frost from the windshield. The cup holders placement on the floor is horrible, and everything else is quite mediochre. I guess I got what I paid for, and that is a $19k truck.

Shaky Chevy
By Jim on 01/25/07 06:58 AM (PST)

Have a 2006 1500 Work Truck. The transmission went out at 7,000 miles. The heater blower wiring burned up at 8000 miles and again at 22,000. The exhaust has a vibration at 40 to 45 mph and the dealer said live with it. Another dealer repaired the wiring correctly and is sure he can fix the vibration. This is a 4.3 V-6 and I would say there is a major difference between service departments in Austin Texas.

A good country truck
By A Jerd on 11/16/06 07:39 AM (PST)

During the summers I use this truck for my small business. In its 8ft bed it can haul a considerable amount of weight, up to 3 or 4 yards of wet mulch. As a college student, I drive back and forth to home often, and the gas mileage is great. Passing power is exceptional, I feel, for the V6. Acceleration isn't always reliable and I sometimes question the torque, but I love it. The interior is basic, and easy on the eyes. I've driven the similar Ford model, and in general, the steering, and power feels more profound and well done.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.