2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Sort Reviews by

Clearance Specials
By Marko221

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT3 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an extended cab 1500 with the "Limited Edition" package that isn't advertised much. It came with chrome 20's, special suspension, 3.73 tranny and the 5.3 V8. XM satellite radio is free for 3 months. What sold me was the 0% financing for 72 months during the July 4th weekend. Biggest complaint is the turning radius. Seems too small for a long vehicle. Excellent power. I'm chirping tires during rolling acceleration. Stiff suspension bounces you around when bed is empty. Seating for 6 is huge! I can stuff 6 adults comfortably and can still feel the power during acceleration. The overall look is mean yet distinguished. I've had many Chevy owners asking me if this is the new model.

Favorite Features

I love the chrome 5 spoke 20's with all season Goodyear Eagles (stock GM). The red sport shocks really stand out. But the 5.3 V8 puts out great power. The 3.73 tranny coupled with "trailer mode" make pulling the boat very easy. XM satellite radio is the only way to go. But you can't beat 0%.

Suggested Improvements

'07 is due out in a few months. If the Silverado in current form is continued as the "Classic" outfit, then please lengthen the steering rack to compensate for the length of the vehicle. My '05 Suburban has a tighter turn radius by almost 10 feet. Otherwise, leave it alone!