2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Where's my FORD?
By Eric on 04/29/10 20:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Can't pull or haul anything but a pot of soil without hurting a sensor. Sensors go all the time, Tranny slips and leaks, 18k miles and already had to replace tranny, rides like a model- T, and where's my new F-150?, am I still complaining about this Chevy? oh yeah, FORD wins! Chevy took the buyout. you lose Chevy, and I just bought an 08' F-150 SuperCrew, nothing personal, but Bye Chevy..

Perfect vehicle for single car family
By Todd on 06/07/06 09:27 AM (PDT)

Perfect vehicle for single car family. Rides and drives as good as any sedan and can haul or tow what a sedan can not. I am averaging 22 MPG a tank since I purchased the truck and got 24 MPG on my long vacation trip.

Great Truck
By Eric on 05/12/06 15:14 PM (PDT)

4wd 1500 5.3L HO engine. Averaging 18.55 mpg highway and city. Great power, comfortable seats, interior is no nonsense. I would buy another in a heart beat. I put about 1.5K a month on my truck and it runs great.

First Impressions
By New Owner on 01/08/06 12:55 PM (PST)

I have had the truck for about 1 week. Has the 5300 310 HP motor, Z71, trailer towing, LT1 amenities. Has plenty of power.40/20/40 bench seat is very comfortable on my lower back. Rides pretty good for a 4X4. One important thing for me was when you pop the hood nearly all of the engine components are accessible. With the electric cooling fans it opens up the engine compartment tremendously. If you had to perform any repairs yourself in the future, at least you can get to most of the components.Keeps the frustration level down. I do have a problem with the fit of the doors. The passenger door does not shut tight to the seal on the rear door.Alignment on driver's door is poor also.

1500 Silverado
By Drew on 01/06/06 18:02 PM (PST)

I owned an F150 prior to buying a 1500 Silverado. The ride of the F150 does not even come close to the ride of the Silverado, the 1500 is much smoother, quieter, and generally a more comfortable ride. I am extremely happy with the Silverado 1500.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.