Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

My Son Loves This Truck!
By Wade

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my SS used, as I do with all my trucks, and am very pleased with it. The exterior is so much better looking than the standard Silverado. It drives & rides like a Cadillac. I will never buy any other truck than a GM.

The 6.0L motor is great. It responds nicely when it is stomped on. The front styling is half of what sold me on the truck. I also like the extra room under the rear seat, easier to install sub boxes.

There are only a few things I would improve on. First, I would add a few more stock ponies to the power plant. Second, I would make two tone leather seats & some aluminum accents available for the interior.

Intimidator
By je

Awesome engine and suspension combination. I have the Earnhardt limited edition. I have added dual exhaust which I think they should come stock with.

Power, style, suspension

Dual exhaust.

SS Pickup
By Ron

I cannot find anything wrong with this truck. Everything works and all the fits are tighter than anything I've seen on a Tundra. Everyday I find more stuff it has and neat litte "toys" that make this a really fun truck. It also is great for towing... I had to pull a trailer back home (1100 miles) the first week I had it and never even knew it was there. Great Truck!

The free XM radio and OnStar are nice, but the power and ride are the best thing about it.

Maybe better cup holders and an ash tray closer to the driver.

SS owner
By McDonald

Looks good and rides excellent! The fuel economy is not great, but you have to give up something for style...and style, it has! Everyone stops and looks at this CHEVY.

SS
By steve needs

Beautiful red attracts lots of attention. Hi-test gas only; costs $62.00+ to fill. Ample accelleration, but I'd like another 100 HP from the factory. With the special trim it is not possible to add a lot of the extras that typically fit trucks (i.e. running boards). It drives beautifully, has zero wind noise, and has no water leaks. Still not really enough room for people in the rear seat.

The SS attracts comments and discussions practically every time I refuel. Both from Baby Boomers who remember the 60's, to the new generation that love the 20's. Unique enough that all owners in Columbus, Ohio recognize the others.

I can't get comfortable in the Lazy Boy seat. It has many adjustments, but none of them work for me. I have to put something on the seat like a rolled-up towell or I get back pain. Chevy continues to produce trucks with no brakes-and with a trailer it is a toss up whether it's going to begin to slow down.