Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Where's my FORD?
By Eric

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Can't pull or haul anything but a pot of soil without hurting a sensor. Sensors go all the time, Tranny slips and leaks, 18k miles and already had to replace tranny, rides like a model- T, and where's my new F-150?, am I still complaining about this Chevy? oh yeah, FORD wins! Chevy took the buyout. you lose Chevy, and I just bought an 08' F-150 SuperCrew, nothing personal, but Bye Chevy..

how my F-150 looked next to it.

um everything

Perfect vehicle for single car family
By Todd

Perfect vehicle for single car family. Rides and drives as good as any sedan and can haul or tow what a sedan can not. I am averaging 22 MPG a tank since I purchased the truck and got 24 MPG on my long vacation trip.

MPG!

Allow us previous unaware buyers to purchase a E85 conversion upgrade from dealer

Great Truck
By Eric

4wd 1500 5.3L HO engine. Averaging 18.55 mpg highway and city. Great power, comfortable seats, interior is no nonsense. I would buy another in a heart beat. I put about 1.5K a month on my truck and it runs great.

4wd on the floor. Comfortable seats.

None at this time

First Impressions
By New Owner

I have had the truck for about 1 week. Has the 5300 310 HP motor, Z71, trailer towing, LT1 amenities. Has plenty of power.40/20/40 bench seat is very comfortable on my lower back. Rides pretty good for a 4X4. One important thing for me was when you pop the hood nearly all of the engine components are accessible. With the electric cooling fans it opens up the engine compartment tremendously. If you had to perform any repairs yourself in the future, at least you can get to most of the components.Keeps the frustration level down. I do have a problem with the fit of the doors. The passenger door does not shut tight to the seal on the rear door.Alignment on driver's door is poor also.

Nice engine bay layout, 310 HP, Tow Haul Selector, Comfortable Seats, Driver Information Center, Outside Temperture and Compass, Radio controls on steering wheel.

Better build quality (exterior fit and finish)

1500 Silverado
By Drew

I owned an F150 prior to buying a 1500 Silverado. The ride of the F150 does not even come close to the ride of the Silverado, the 1500 is much smoother, quieter, and generally a more comfortable ride. I am extremely happy with the Silverado 1500.

The seats have what feels like a lumbar support system, it feels as if there is two bumps or cushions on your kidneys, feels really good.

Maybe to have the rear bench lay more flat in the regular position, it looks as if the seat is at like a 55 or 60 degree angle instead of the 90 or 100 degree angle. I of course have never sat in the back but it looks uncomfortable.