Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT3 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

My 12th work truck
By bob

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2006 LT1 Extended cab, shortbox, 5.3LV8 4X4. I have had 12 company owned trucks so far, 8 of 'em Chevys. Even though we had to replace a transmission at 88,000 miles, I still rated this vehicle very high on reliability because the drive train hasn't changed in several years and this was the first major problem I've ever encountered in 400,000+ miles driving late model Chevy pickups. Heck, my 2006 still has the original brake pads at 111,000 miles! Flat, freeway driving averages about 17.5 mpg, drops to about 13mpg if light duty towing (boat). Very comfortable for long distance driving.

Favorite Features

Quiet, comfortable ride, good visibility. Goes into and out of 4WD easily, absolutely excellent in snow and on ice. Very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

You can't get the wipers away from the windshield to wash it!

2006 Chevy Crew Cab
By Steve

3.73 axle ratio helps MPG: 19 city/23+ highway - great for a truck, but I'd like better. Great power, chirping tires down the road. Folks complain that the interior design is old school, but I like it. Biggest issue is that the steering wheel feels off center from the seat. Great ride, fun to drive, hands down winner compared to Lariat. Big, comfortable cab is great for kids and adults. Rear radio with headphones is a hit with me and the kids. American Eagle tires are junk. Bargain for better tires. I like the '06 interior configuration better than '07.

Favorite Features

I love this truck! The ride is smooth and the truck is just plain fun to drive. The heated, 10 way adjustable leather seats w/ memory and the powered sunroof are sweet.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof needs a one-touch close feature. Need an all media reciever: CD/MP3/WAV/Satallite w/ IPOD dock. TMV is too high at $32,413. Out the door for $26,442: LT3 w/ sunroof, Trailer Eq, Locking Diff, ride cntrl, Traction, white walls, sliding rear window, 3.73 axle, High cap air cleaner