Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Major Dissapointment
By jwarren

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Silverado new in June of 06. Since then, I had a leaky radiator hose, replaced the whole front differential, a transmission leak, numerous steering problems, brake lights went out twice and a few other minor problems. Very dissapointed in this truck. My first new truck and it is nothing but a constant problem. It is in the shop now for a moaning noise in the 4x4 when turning. I am looking at an 08 Tundra or Sierra to replace this mess of a truck. Great power from the engine and ride is great. Gas mileage is okay with about 12 city and up to 17-18 highway.

Favorite Features

Tow/haul button, auto 4x4, towing package.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the tailgate. It is hard to open. Storage compartments on door side are too narrow. Back doors need to open wider like my 02 Ram. Needs to sit a bit higher. Needs a 4x4 indicator. Reliability is an obvious mess.

Great Truck for the Money
By cwosimon

Great truck, have the 4.8 V-8, well equiped w/ trailer pkg. Very good power, handles well, good gas mileage. Not as fun as my Dodge Dakota SLT, but close and 40% better mileage. It is our trip vehicle, pulls our two jets ski's, all our gear and the three of us with no problem. At 25,000 miles nothing other than normal maintenance. Well laid out interior and both front and back seat are comfortable. Will buy another is 4 or 5 years.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage (ocasionally over 20 mpg on hwy), average 17.5. Dual climate control, good power..

Suggested Improvements

Drive train is somewhat clunky.

Improved
By kurb

I am very pleased with the smooth ride in the '06 crew cab. I had a 2000 Silverado and it wasn't nearly as smooth of a ride. Very strong engine. Sound system is great. Very comfortable seating.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride. Strong engine

AWESOME TRUCK!!!
By S

This truck runs better than a Ford ever thought of running. The interior, I admit, it does seem a little plain, but the seat is so comfortable. It just fits. This truck runs like a scalded dog. I absolutely love this truck.