2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2006 crew cab 4.8l
By charlie151 on 03/21/13 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck brand new in 2006 and has been my daily driver ever since. I tow a 6000lb trailer regularly and had a western 8' plow on it for 3 years and never had a problem except for 2 blown wheel hubs. I have just over 194,000 miles and never had a problem. I've driven dodge and ford trucks and nothing compares to the comfort and reliability of this chevy.

LT3 loaded
By Shay Dunn on 07/04/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this LT3... we did spray the bedliner. This has been as great truck. I have never had any trouble.. put it in 4x4 and it trucks right out of our 1/2 mile drive up hill... Leather still looks new 3 years later. carpet is good and held up well. my husband is really tall.. and I am short.. the drive 1 and 2 has been wonderful. Looking forward to moving up to the 2500

I Really Enjoy My Truck.
By Haily on 02/15/09 13:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had owned many cars & SUV's (both small & large) and had always wanted a full size pickup truck. I purchased my Silverado and have never been sorry since. I am in the process of purchasing an extended warranty to cover my truck once the manufacturer's warranty runs out in August of this year. The truck is solid & sound, very comfortable with enough power to handle whatever I need. I have the 5.3L V8 4X4 crew cab. The room interior comfort and roominess is hard to find in other trucks. I work for a Ford dealership in sales and have sold/driven most other types of trucks. I have not found one yet that have felt as safe & comfortable as my Silverado!

My 12th work truck
By bob on 10/06/08 16:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2006 LT1 Extended cab, shortbox, 5.3LV8 4X4. I have had 12 company owned trucks so far, 8 of 'em Chevys. Even though we had to replace a transmission at 88,000 miles, I still rated this vehicle very high on reliability because the drive train hasn't changed in several years and this was the first major problem I've ever encountered in 400,000+ miles driving late model Chevy pickups. Heck, my 2006 still has the original brake pads at 111,000 miles! Flat, freeway driving averages about 17.5 mpg, drops to about 13mpg if light duty towing (boat). Very comfortable for long distance driving.

Always wanted a Z71
By Strain on 09/03/08 11:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All in all, a good truck. Hate the tires that came with it, Bridgestones. Why I couldn't get lucky and get the Goodyear Wranglers. I have the LT2 package, and you would think I would have a mirror on the driver's visor (I chew, so I have to check my teeth prior to meetings). Hate the 6 disc cd player, still confused on how to work it and I have owned the truck for 2 years now. Little plastic caps keep falling off the door that cover the screws. I would also like to know if there is a way for the dual climate control to move on both sides. I hate having to move mine to, say 68, then the passengers side to 68 as well.

Perfect Truck for me
By Bouch on 05/27/08 07:05 AM (PDT)

Basically I'm a home-owner and fix it guy. Needed a truck to drive for sales calls and around the house to haul and do home fix its. Perfect truck is this! Crew cab is huge, short bed is no problem with plywood/drywall. Simple interior but nice and respectable--much nicer than Toyotas (the other truck I was considering--T has weak engine too at 4.7).

Major Dissapointment
By jwarren on 03/30/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Silverado new in June of 06. Since then, I had a leaky radiator hose, replaced the whole front differential, a transmission leak, numerous steering problems, brake lights went out twice and a few other minor problems. Very dissapointed in this truck. My first new truck and it is nothing but a constant problem. It is in the shop now for a moaning noise in the 4x4 when turning. I am looking at an 08 Tundra or Sierra to replace this mess of a truck. Great power from the engine and ride is great. Gas mileage is okay with about 12 city and up to 17-18 highway.

Great Truck for the Money
By cwosimon on 03/28/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

Great truck, have the 4.8 V-8, well equiped w/ trailer pkg. Very good power, handles well, good gas mileage. Not as fun as my Dodge Dakota SLT, but close and 40% better mileage. It is our trip vehicle, pulls our two jets ski's, all our gear and the three of us with no problem. At 25,000 miles nothing other than normal maintenance. Well laid out interior and both front and back seat are comfortable. Will buy another is 4 or 5 years.

Excellent Truck!
By Mitchel on 06/22/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have been nothing but thrilled with my truck. It has been wonderful to own and drive. I will definitely purchase another Chevrolet truck when I am in the market again.

After driving for 11k miles, still strong
By Corey on 04/10/07 06:46 AM (PDT)

This is my first truck. As a hunter, homeowner, and a father, I needed 4wd, a truck bed, and 4 full doors for my family. This is the perfect family vehicle. No mini-van for me. I've put 11,000 miles on it and it's still riding smooth as day 1. I bought it 4 months old with 6,000 miles on it. I've hauled 1,250lbs of brick and dirt and tow my 2,200lbs boat in hot South Carolina summers with A/C cranked, without issue. I only wish I would've waited 3 more months for the standard 100,000 mile warranty. I'll just put my trust in Chevy to make a truck that will make it to 100,000 miles without major repair. Great truck!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.