Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Most Helpful|
My 12th work truck
By bob

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2006 LT1 Extended cab, shortbox, 5.3LV8 4X4. I have had 12 company owned trucks so far, 8 of 'em Chevys. Even though we had to replace a transmission at 88,000 miles, I still rated this vehicle very high on reliability because the drive train hasn't changed in several years and this was the first major problem I've ever encountered in 400,000+ miles driving late model Chevy pickups. Heck, my 2006 still has the original brake pads at 111,000 miles! Flat, freeway driving averages about 17.5 mpg, drops to about 13mpg if light duty towing (boat). Very comfortable for long distance driving.

Favorite Features

Quiet, comfortable ride, good visibility. Goes into and out of 4WD easily, absolutely excellent in snow and on ice. Very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

You can't get the wipers away from the windshield to wash it!

2006 crew cab 4.8l
By charlie151

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LS2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck brand new in 2006 and has been my daily driver ever since. I tow a 6000lb trailer regularly and had a western 8' plow on it for 3 years and never had a problem except for 2 blown wheel hubs. I have just over 194,000 miles and never had a problem. I've driven dodge and ford trucks and nothing compares to the comfort and reliability of this chevy.

Suggested Improvements

I added a flowmaster muffler to add a little bit more bass to the quiet exhaust

I Really Enjoy My Truck.
By Haily

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had owned many cars & SUV's (both small & large) and had always wanted a full size pickup truck. I purchased my Silverado and have never been sorry since. I am in the process of purchasing an extended warranty to cover my truck once the manufacturer's warranty runs out in August of this year. The truck is solid & sound, very comfortable with enough power to handle whatever I need. I have the 5.3L V8 4X4 crew cab. The room interior comfort and roominess is hard to find in other trucks. I work for a Ford dealership in sales and have sold/driven most other types of trucks. I have not found one yet that have felt as safe & comfortable as my Silverado!

Always wanted a Z71
By Strain

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All in all, a good truck. Hate the tires that came with it, Bridgestones. Why I couldn't get lucky and get the Goodyear Wranglers. I have the LT2 package, and you would think I would have a mirror on the driver's visor (I chew, so I have to check my teeth prior to meetings). Hate the 6 disc cd player, still confused on how to work it and I have owned the truck for 2 years now. Little plastic caps keep falling off the door that cover the screws. I would also like to know if there is a way for the dual climate control to move on both sides. I hate having to move mine to, say 68, then the passengers side to 68 as well.

Favorite Features

4WD Crew Cab. Able to load the entire family of 5 up to go either out to eat, or camping.

Suggested Improvements

Horrible Bridgestones, every tire has had a flat, mirror on driver's visor, steering is tough, upgrade the dual ac controls.

LT3 loaded
By Shay Dunn

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this LT3... we did spray the bedliner. This has been as great truck. I have never had any trouble.. put it in 4x4 and it trucks right out of our 1/2 mile drive up hill... Leather still looks new 3 years later. carpet is good and held up well. my husband is really tall.. and I am short.. the drive 1 and 2 has been wonderful. Looking forward to moving up to the 2500

Favorite Features

heated seats... moonroof both are really great

Suggested Improvements

car charger needs to be somewhere else other than where a person would also be putting their soda.... and well there goes the phone!