Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Not very solid
By fish

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got my 2006 LT2 ext. cab silverado in april of 2010. It was very clean with only 35,000 miles on it.Now its October and I have replaced both front rotors after they warped, the passenger side window on the back door was replaced because it leaked air. They did a very poor job of that. Now the other side is leaking. The front end knocks I think its the rack and pinion so it is going back for that too. It also has a rattle in the dash, sounds like the instrument panel. Otherwise its GREAT.

Favorite Features

Leather, very roomy, very powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Need better fuel millage. In town it does good at 18 to 20 but on the interstate at 70 miles an hour it gets 16.5 to 17 mpg.

Best truck ever
By Terry

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this truck new for the highways and mountains of New Mexico. With 30,000 miles now it has never had to go back to the dealer for any warranty or repairs! Looks good with no rattles or problems and it's solid. About 17 mpg overall. 4.11 gears and rated for 8500 lbs towing, if needed. I've owned lots of Chevys and this is the best truck ever.

Favorite Features

Manual 4WD on the floor so I'm in 2WD most of the time, or select 4WD High on the go. Nice soft, comfortable seats with lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

None.

My 5th Chevy truck
By jojo

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven a Chevy truck from a 1968 to a 2006. The power and performance of this truck is perfect. My friend has a pontoon boat that looks big as a house. No problem, hook it up and we're gone. And a very comfortable ride also. Long or short drive no problem. My next truck will be a Chevy truck. The best truck there is.

Favorite Features

Electric seats, windows, mirrors. And an AC that will have you blowing smoke out your mouth.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing needs to be changed.

Get with it GM
By murdog

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 2006 Silverado and drive it off of the Lot and the next day it was back at the dealer for a repair of the alternator. Then at 9000 miles in for a tranny seal. Then at 17000 miles for the OnStar antenna falling off and the visor falling off and hitting my wife in the head. The truck has been good on gas avg of 20 Hwy 16 city. Not too bad. But as many times as it has been to the dealer for things breaking that should never break. I just bought a 2008 Ford Fusion for work and will be solidly in the Ford camp now.

Favorite Features

Digital climate control. XM radio. The power. Highway manners. Best mileage in its class.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality. The cost of OnStar compaered to the amount of usage. Crummy tires from the factory. More towing capacity. 6000lbs isn't enough when the F-150 has 9100.