2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Not very solid
By fish on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got my 2006 LT2 ext. cab silverado in april of 2010. It was very clean with only 35,000 miles on it.Now its October and I have replaced both front rotors after they warped, the passenger side window on the back door was replaced because it leaked air. They did a very poor job of that. Now the other side is leaking. The front end knocks I think its the rack and pinion so it is going back for that too. It also has a rattle in the dash, sounds like the instrument panel. Otherwise its GREAT.

Best truck ever
By Terry on 08/27/09 05:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this truck new for the highways and mountains of New Mexico. With 30,000 miles now it has never had to go back to the dealer for any warranty or repairs! Looks good with no rattles or problems and it's solid. About 17 mpg overall. 4.11 gears and rated for 8500 lbs towing, if needed. I've owned lots of Chevys and this is the best truck ever.

My 5th Chevy truck
By jojo on 08/27/08 03:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven a Chevy truck from a 1968 to a 2006. The power and performance of this truck is perfect. My friend has a pontoon boat that looks big as a house. No problem, hook it up and we're gone. And a very comfortable ride also. Long or short drive no problem. My next truck will be a Chevy truck. The best truck there is.

Get with it GM
By murdog on 05/03/08 05:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this 2006 Silverado and drive it off of the Lot and the next day it was back at the dealer for a repair of the alternator. Then at 9000 miles in for a tranny seal. Then at 17000 miles for the OnStar antenna falling off and the visor falling off and hitting my wife in the head. The truck has been good on gas avg of 20 Hwy 16 city. Not too bad. But as many times as it has been to the dealer for things breaking that should never break. I just bought a 2008 Ford Fusion for work and will be solidly in the Ford camp now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.