Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Should have got the V8
By Craig Biggio

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

New Silverado LT1 ext. cab with 4.3 V6. Great upgrade on the grille from the older models, interior very sleek, not too fancy, just "domestic". Overall satisfied with the truck except for the fact that there is a vibration in my exhaust. Feels like a strain on the motor, happens at low speeds and accelerations. Dealer mechanic said it's not a problem, and common on all 4.3 v6's. But its annoying as heck. Especially annoying that he mentioned the V8 never has this problem. Nothing he can do about it. So its something I have to live with. Great truck, would be perfect with a nice "quiet" v6. Want to save on the gas? My advice would be to try the hybrid, just dont get the V6.

Favorite Features

New grill design, steering wheel controls, and "power" mirrors (auto dimming driver, power fold etc.)

Suggested Improvements

Find a remedy for the vibration on the V6, and add more standard features. How about a mirror on the driver visor?

New trucks should not see the shop
By webdal molloy

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck is a 2004 and has been in the shop 3 times for leaning, one time for burned out 2nd and 3rd clutch in transmission and the speed meter locking up. The outside trim is boring and the front right tire going square. The service dept. told me about the tire going square was from not rotating the tires, but I rotated my tires every 3-4 thousand miles and have the paperwork to prove it. This truck only has 20,000 miles and has all these problems. What happened to "like a rock"? This logo needs to be changed. I also talked to alot of Chevy owners who where having the same problem with the transmissions.

Favorite Features

Tilt wheel and CD player