2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
My Son Loves This Truck!
By Wade on 09/22/08 02:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my SS used, as I do with all my trucks, and am very pleased with it. The exterior is so much better looking than the standard Silverado. It drives & rides like a Cadillac. I will never buy any other truck than a GM.

Intimidator
By je on 12/30/06 08:14 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome engine and suspension combination. I have the Earnhardt limited edition. I have added dual exhaust which I think they should come stock with.

SS Pickup
By Ron on 02/25/06 23:37 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I cannot find anything wrong with this truck. Everything works and all the fits are tighter than anything I've seen on a Tundra. Everyday I find more stuff it has and neat litte "toys" that make this a really fun truck. It also is great for towing... I had to pull a trailer back home (1100 miles) the first week I had it and never even knew it was there. Great Truck!

SS owner
By McDonald on 11/17/05 07:16 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Looks good and rides excellent! The fuel economy is not great, but you have to give up something for style...and style, it has! Everyone stops and looks at this CHEVY.

SS
By steve needs on 08/18/05 21:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Beautiful red attracts lots of attention. Hi-test gas only; costs $62.00+ to fill. Ample accelleration, but I'd like another 100 HP from the factory. With the special trim it is not possible to add a lot of the extras that typically fit trucks (i.e. running boards). It drives beautifully, has zero wind noise, and has no water leaks. Still not really enough room for people in the rear seat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.