Z71 Package
By Jason on
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
The current rebates and GM Employee incentive pricing brought me back to the Chevy dealership. I brought the Z71 for about $2,000 below invoice. The power is good since I purchased the power package and the exterior trim is great. The majority of the features are great and there are numerous electronic gadets more than the other brand trucks. The satellite radio is nice extra, which GM does own XM (Great self promotion). In most reviews, the quality of the interior is lacking, which I found to be true in my case. GM needs to upgrade the interior quality and design. It was not much different than my 2000 Silverado interior. At the current price it was a worthwhile buy.
Favorite Features
Satellite Radio and numerious electronic extra features. The Z1 exterior trim is sharp and I would recommend to purchase the power package, which improves your horsepower to 310 and improves your gas mileage over the standard 5.3 V8 engine.
Suggested Improvements
The quality of the truck could be improved, especially the interior which has been been around for a very long time. It is time for GM to show some creativity.