2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.7 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Z71 4 dr SB Review

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Z71 Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.7 ft. Bed)

Z71 4 dr SB Review
By NW CHevy Driver on

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

OK, I was looking at a Tundra for the longest time. My wife said the Chevy was more comfortable. She's right. I love this truck. The Auto 4x4 is a great feature. The daytime headlights can be turned off now. There is an additional tunable radio in the back for the passengers that can be indepentently tuned to regular radio stations including the XM radio (optional). 2 Headphone jacks on the rear console next to additional heat/ac vents.

Favorite Features

Comfort. It is very easy to drive and even more fun when you put a cold air intake and throttle body spacer. XM Radio. OnStar and the cell phone integrated into the truck are awesome options. Cell phone is more powerful than handhelds and works in more remote areas better.

Suggested Improvements

I wont say mileage. You dont buy a full size truck for the mileage. The front passenger doesnt have well placed handles to help get in. The driver doesn't have any except the steering wheel.