Powerful Silverado
By Dean Files on
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I have had several vehicles in my 22 years of driving. This is the first V8 that I have had since I was a teenager with a Z-28. My previous vehicle was an S-10 with the 195 hp V6. It ran great, but this Silverado has a deep throaty sound when you step on it, and has plenty of power to move it down the road. Its ride is far superior to some of the cars that I have owned. You can't beat the feeling of power under your hood. You may sacrifice gas mileage, but you make up for that with the safety. My boss has a Ram 150 4wd, and brags about its power. I can almost match his power and make him steam when I tell him how much I spend in fuel each week. Much less.
Favorite Features
4wd, The ride is superior. The power of the 5.3 is quite exillerating. I also like the colour of the exterior, as well as how available dress up parts are. Bug shield, nerf bars, vent visors, etc..
Suggested Improvements
Stereo becomes distorted at higher volumes with bass settings. Larger variety of wheels, like my old S-10, with its American Racing Style wheels.