This truck can't be beat!
By chevy guy on
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
I have owned this truck for a little less than 2 years and have put a little over 30,000 miles on it. It's the vehicle that I use every day and I can honestly say it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is a capable and comfortable truck that has been nothing but reliable since the day I bought it. All I have ever done is keep up with the regular servicing and it has never failed me. It has good power (5.3 V8 with 3:42 rear end) and returns a combined 17 mpg city/hwy mix all the time! The only problem I have had is that the "Z71" decals began to peel. These were replaced under warranty. That has been the only repair. Resale is very good too! Chevy has my repeat business for sure!!
Favorite Features
Everything! Certainly not cutting edge design but the materials are good and so is the quality. Great power and also great gas mileage for a full size 4WD truck. Good aggressive pricing policy gave me a great deal on the truck. No one else could match the features on it for the price I paid.
Suggested Improvements
It seems what was lacking in design has been addressed with the new GM trucks. My biggest design complaint is with my extended cab's rear doors not opening wide enough. This seems to have been solved on the new trucks along with the somewhat bland interior design. Other than that, no complaints!