2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Excellent Truck For Towing

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Z71 Regular Cab Pickup (4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Excellent Truck For Towing
By Alex on

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Silverado for about 6 months now, and I have had not one problem with the design quality. The engine performance is superb and towing isnt a problem. My 4wd reg cab SB can tow a impressivly 8,100lbs with the v8 5300. I normally tow about 4500lbs with the factory hitch at 80mph effortlessly. Towing like this, there are no major shakes or rattles, bumps are smooth and the truck handles great. I have driven a non Z71 and it was a bit smoother on pavement compared to the stardard base. But offroad performance is much better.

Automatic 4x4 - on the fly 4x4 - automatic locking read differential - Seating is very comfortable on long mile trips (1000+)

Interior - plastic trim, and dash. Dont get me wrong, the interior is NICE, but the cheaper plastic dash and trim panels could use some improvement. It's a TRUCK so it should'nt be equipped with a cheap-o carpet headlight. I think a vinyl headliner is one thing GM should change.