2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Best Truck Made
By Milton Morgan on 10/09/05 08:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Fords, Dodges and a couple of different import trucks in the past, but my 2005 Chevy is the most confortable and reliable of them all. I live in a small town in Southwest Texas, in the middle of nowhere, and a dependiable vehicle is a must. With my Chevy, I have peace of mind about getting on the road, which I'm on a lot as you can tell by the milage on my truck, also after breaking my back while in the military and having four major back surguries since, the comfort is next to none. The fuel economy is, in my opinion better than Ford or Dodge. Also, down here, the OnStar feature really makes you feel secure and the XM is great.

Z-85
By Dale on 09/28/05 22:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What a truck - the Z-85 with 20" chrome wheels really sets off the dark maroon color.

Awesome Truck
By C on 09/27/05 23:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck and it is great. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not lose any fuel economy when I moved into this truck from a mid size SUV. Chevy truly has made a great truck. I have had the truck going on ten months. It handles wonderfully both on and off road through out various speeds. I wish would have purchased one of these sooner.

Great Truck!
By DJ on 09/24/05 01:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an '05 4x4, extended cab, WT, in April. I think it's a great truck. I was impressed by the standard features (e.g. dual climate control, 4 wheel ABS, etc..) It rides great on the highway...I drove it from NY to the Rocky Mountains and was never uncomforable at all...that's a lot of driving. The engine is impressive (about 300hp). It's got plenty of power and has been getting decent gas mileage (for a truck).

Like the Truck
By HClem on 09/23/05 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ok everyone will think I am crazy as I traded in a 1999 Corvette for this truck. However, I had a 1995 Chevy Blazer with over 150k that was my daily driver and I just fell in love with this truck when I saw it. It is loaded out with all the bells and whistles except moonroof. It gets great gas mileage for a full size truck 16 city and 19 highway. I enjoy driving it and especially like the ability to see what is ahead of you. Could use a slightly less harsh ride but overall great truck. I have had absolutely no trouble with the truck except the battery which died with less than 1000 miles

Excellent Value
By m9431 on 09/17/05 20:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This replaces my Toyota Truck. Looked at Ford, Dodge, and Toyota. The Ford did handle and ride better, but the Silverado provides more backseat space for passengers (ext cab) and does better with gas mileage. Seemed quicker, too. I surved others on reliability and found the newer Silverados to be very good. Interior is fine--I bought a truck, not a luxury car, afterall. Very good blend of performance, comfort, MPG, toughness, pracicality and price.

Not perfect, but better than the rest
By Derek on 09/14/05 23:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for almost 3 months now and have found it to be great for what I need. As I saw in another review, there is some engine pinging at highways speeds and the tranny does have some sort of clunk to it, especially between 2 and 3 gears, but outside of that the truck have been perfect. Rides better than Ford or Dodge and gas mileage is acceptble at about 17mpg in hilly terrain with lots of stop and gos. Towed well for the 1 time I towed about 3000lbs, hardly noticable. I would buy another given the chance and would suggest potential buyers to test drive before making their decision comparing it to Ford and Dodge.

The best truck yet
By travisaz on 09/14/05 02:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chevy truck and this is the best by far. I have more than enough power to get up and move (More than fFrd and Dodge). I have lots of room for passengers (More than Ford or Dodge). I really love this truck. No problems as of yet.

Not a good ride
By Ralph Cooper on 09/10/05 16:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very bouncy rear end, not a pleasant ride even on smooth roads. GM says it is charteristic of this model, nothing they can do. Even with a load in the bed (1000+ lbs.) it still rides stiff. Had a 2004 model that was great, service mgr said they changed the design (both 4x4). I made the mistake of not driving the truck before purchase - assumed it would be the same as my 04. I would not have purchased this truck had I known. Looking for help from GM for 3 months but, to no avail. I switched to Michelin tires, some help but, still wears me out to drive long distances.

Great Truck
By JB on 09/07/05 20:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

By far the best truck I drove. I have a 5600lb boat and I don't even know its behind me most of the time. Great room inside and more standard features than Dodge or Ford. I LOVE my truck