2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Love my truck.
By Michael Rix on 01/27/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I prefer the"old" style interior. I think the space ship interiors of the titan and f150 are what turn me back to Chevy. Totally satisfied.

A step up
By Ben on 01/27/06 11:06 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 95 3/4 ton extended cab, 01 1/2 ton extended cab, and now a Z71 Silverado extended cab. This is by far the quitest, best riding of the three. Chevy just keeps getting better. I would enjoy a more attractive interior on the next model I purchase. I love the stereo system (Bose), but it is an option, not standard.

Hamronic Vibration Truck
By Frank on 01/18/06 11:02 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Chevrolet Truck since 1991, and it has given more trouble than the previous four put together. The dealer has not been able to fix any of the three major problems and Chevrolet will not take the vehicle back. The truck constantly vibrates at highway speeds, and the harmonic vibration greatly exaggerates minor bumps in the road. New tires have not made one bit of difference. Chevrolet is well aware of the problem, (calls it "BEAMING"). The truck has developed a whine in the differential, which the dealer cannot correct,(tells me it is normal) and the brakes shudder, which the dealer has tried to fix on two occasions without success. This will be my last GM vehicle ever.

My dream truck!
By Dave on 01/10/06 05:50 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've wanted an SS ever since they unveiled the concept truck way back in 2000! I finally "took the plunge" back in July and man was it worth it!! This truck is awesome. Great performance, head-turning good looks and best of all it's a genuine Chevy (the ONLY true American car/truck company in my opinion!!). I would highly recommend springing for the optional tonneau cover for improved mpg! I also invested in a Line-X spray in bedliner right off the bat!

Gotta Love It!
By 05Z71 on 12/17/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you want a real truck that can work, haul the kids, tow the boat and look good while your doing it--- This is the right pick. Just make sure you have a gas card because you will find yourself always wanting to go for a ride.

Best One
By gman on 12/05/05 21:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Power of a sports car power to tow 9500lbs up Smokey mountain. Smooth as a car. Great gas mileage with v8,roomy just the best.

What a sweet ride
By JWH on 11/16/05 18:56 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned the Z71 for about a year and am absolutely satisfied. The ride is extremely smooth and road noise is almost non-existent. The seats are very comfortable (unlike the Ford F- 150 which felt like I was sitting on a slab of concrete). The 5.3 V8 has plenty of get-up-and-go and the mileage is 16.5 city and 19 on the highway. The heated seats are great in Minnesota winters.

Great truck
By stanley1l on 11/05/05 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck and drivebility. Seat is somewhat comfortable but supportive for 10hour trips. I do recommend the LS package for it more convinient for over all comfort. Great engines 5.3 and 6.0. both deliver about the same fuel efficiency - I get 350 miles on 22 gallons. I would prefer a more efficent truck and it amazes me that all these car maker are dragging their feet on delivering these type of vehicles.

2005 Silverado Extended Cab
By TONY on 11/04/05 15:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best truck that I have ever owned. The z71 suspension gives a great ride. The climate control system much better than the previous truck I owned. There were no water leaks and no issues with the quality of the truck.

Pretty Good Truck
By johnnyelcamino on 10/24/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had two Tundra's prior to this purchase, but we had a 1997 Chevy one ton prior to that we called MONSTRO. Toyota has lost their mind on haggling, we loved the Tundra but no deal, we walked out mad. We stopped by the Chevy dealer and got a heck of a deal with the employee pricing.(20k paided on a 29k truck.) So far its a good truck, and it gets better mileage than my old V6 Tundra, 17 and 22.