Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

My First Truck
By msgt_gibson

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2005 Chevy Silverado is my very first truck. It rides good and I've had no problems with it. There have been no extra costs outside of routine maintenance. The V6 has sufficient power for my needs. The back seat of the extended cab has adequate space for supplies but is a tight fit for adults. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

I like the simple layout and ease of use of the displays and controls. Seating position and comfort is better than I thought it would be.

I havent seen the newer models but the 2005 interior has too much plastic and cant hold up to its name "Worktruck".

Lemon, Lemon, Lemon
By jmnjr

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevrolet has no quality in this truck. Intermediate shaft changed 3 times. Gear assembly changed 5 times, power steering pump changed twice. Front end sounds like it is getting ready to fall off. Tires had to replaced at 15,000 miles due to terrible front end.

Interior is great. Bose stereo system and controls on steering wheel are great.

Front end need a total overhaul.

One incredible truck
By David R

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven Chevy trucks all my life, and this one has got to be by far the best. Nice power and exceptional ride comfort from a truck are my top requirements, and this truck fills the bill nicely. After punishing this truck on the Million Dollar Highway, I rode away with a huge smile on my face. The tires stick like glue on wet/dry pavement and can easily climb any mountain with gobs of power to spare. Can tow 8,000 pounds with ease. While it may not be the absolute fastest truck, it is fast, it rides extremely well, is versatile, and will leave you with a great feeling.

Incredible handling, very comfortable ride, roomy, powerful, and head- turning good looks. Versatile: this truck has it all.

Lower it 2 more inches, increase power even more, and HID headlights.

Chev Z71 Crew Cab 2005
By Truck Buyer

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle is very comfortable on long and short trips. 4X4 has gotten me through off road terrain as well as some fairly deep snow! Family feels very safe in this truck!

Like the fold-in outside rear view mirrors, temp and direction on inside rear view mirror, and engine power with good mileage for full size truck.

Need to go back to 4 wheel disc brakesand windshield wipers that pull up out of the way or glass cleaning!

My new truck
By CrewCab 4x4

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What an incredible truck. It has been up to the task at everything I given it. The interior is awesome, and the Bose sound system rocks. XM is a plus. My only complaint is the poor MPG, but considering what it is, I wasn't expecting to get econo-car mpg. The 5.3l V-8 is plenty powerful, and the trans shifts very smooth. All in all, I am very happy with it, and when the lease is up, I will probably purchase it. My only real complaint is the price. $38k for a truck is ridiculous.

Engine, crew cab, Bose stereo, looks and performance.

Price, price, price. Very pricey.