2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Sort Reviews by

Chevy 4 wheel drive 5.3l V8
By Larry Knutson

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle, great price, handling. Mileage is unbelievable 20 mpg on the highway, 17.5 in the city. Built tougher than a Ford and more reliable than a Dodge. Made in the USA.

Favorite Features

Handeling, radio controls on steering, Built solid

Suggested Improvements

Extended cab- backrest should fold down or have split seats in back.

Silverado Truck
By Maxx

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I Own two Chevrolet trucks that are used in my contracting business. The quality and dependebility Of Chevrolet trucks is better than the Toyotas and Fords that I have owned. Chevrolet's Advertisement " like a rock" is very true. I used a 1992 Silverado in my business for eleven years without requiring anything but routine maintenence.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine and comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

You can't improve a perfect truck.

Silverado
By John J

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rides better than most sedans I have owned. Very quiet inside, handles like a dream w/ the four wheel steering. Excellent manuvering through parking lots and tight spaces. I would put this truck against any import.

Favorite Features

Four wheel steering, heated leather seats, XM satellite radio

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be better

Powerful Silverado
By Dean Files

I have had several vehicles in my 22 years of driving. This is the first V8 that I have had since I was a teenager with a Z-28. My previous vehicle was an S-10 with the 195 hp V6. It ran great, but this Silverado has a deep throaty sound when you step on it, and has plenty of power to move it down the road. Its ride is far superior to some of the cars that I have owned. You can't beat the feeling of power under your hood. You may sacrifice gas mileage, but you make up for that with the safety. My boss has a Ram 150 4wd, and brags about its power. I can almost match his power and make him steam when I tell him how much I spend in fuel each week. Much less.

Favorite Features

4wd, The ride is superior. The power of the 5.3 is quite exillerating. I also like the colour of the exterior, as well as how available dress up parts are. Bug shield, nerf bars, vent visors, etc..

Suggested Improvements

Stereo becomes distorted at higher volumes with bass settings. Larger variety of wheels, like my old S-10, with its American Racing Style wheels.

Great piece of machinery
By Lefty Files

I enjoy having the power of a V8, as well as the size of my Silverado. It is very easy to operate and rides like my old Cadillac. So many changes in design and so many innovations make this the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It goes everywhere in 4wd. I am over 6 feet tall and the interior has plenty of room for me to move about. The safety features are top of the line, as well as the overall feeling af driving this truck. I treat it like I would my car, except that it is more powerfull and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

4wd, the ease of shifting into it. The comfort of knowing that it has anti- lock brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the sound system, speakers distort at higher volumes. Maybe a better choice of wheels.

My First Truck
By blippo

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first experience with owning a pick-up truck of any kind. I've owned my Silverado for a few months now. The first thing I noticed with the Silverado when I drove it the first time is it drove like a car. I was surprised how well it rode. It has all the room I need with the extended cab. I took it off-road briefly and it drove well. So far, I am very satisfied with it.

Favorite Features

On-Star, Automatic 4 wheel drive feature, quietness, steering wheel controls, handling

Suggested Improvements

My first impression when I got in and started the Silverado up was layout of the speedometer. I would make the speedometer gauge larger, and make the tachometer gauge smaller. Better gas mileage would be great.

Great truck to buy
By thegerm63

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th chevy truck and I had a chance to get a Dodge for cost and passed it down. I like the Chevy for it reliabilty and comfort and knowing that it has not failed me. I wished they would have kept the folding console instead of the permanent one. love the automatic 4wd option. Wish I would have been told I could have bought it w/o the OnStar. I also was disappointed to have to purchase my own touch up paint should I need it. The engine is strong and the pick up power is superb. I like the room under the hood for working if needed and definetly love the easy oil change w/o the mess. Transmission have always held up strong for me and once warmed up shifting goes very quietly and timely

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls for the radio and info panel.

Suggested Improvements

I have always thought the speed odometer should be moved from behind the steering wheel where it is easily more visable. I also like the seats to recline fully for waiting in the vechicle comfortability. I also would make the middle console moveable up and down. would not waste money on the arm rest

BartMans Z71 Silverodo
By Bart De Coro

This truck is a looker! Good power. Fun to drive. Needs a better upgrade on the Bridgestone tires. Had defects in 200 miles. The ride is fairley smooth being a four wheel drive. XM Radio and OnStar is a must have! Got a pretty fair deal on this truck.

Favorite Features

Dual climate controls, XM Radio, OnStar. The bucket seats. Steering wheel controls. 5300 flex fuel engine. Ride height of the truck. Good looking truck.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Improve stock tires and wheels.

Pleasures of a Chevy Silverado
By Richard Ward

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The right balance for a good comfortable pickup. Quiet, comfortable, good gas milage and good looks.

Favorite Features

I like the extend cab and the ability to turn off the passenger air bag when taking a small child in the front seat. I really like the 5,3 V-8 engine

Suggested Improvements

I wish the radio could play cassette tapes as well as CD's.

GM customers deserve better
By warren

I get around 15.5 mpg. It's comfortable to ride in. Wiper blades were shot after less than 20 hrs of use. Exterior paint scratches easily. For what I paid I am not happy. GM got more for thier money than I did. Putting new wiper blades on a new $34,000. dollar truck irks me to no end.

Favorite Features

Ride, visability, and smooth power.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job and don't cheat on parts.