2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Chevy 4 wheel drive 5.3l V8
By Larry Knutson on 03/30/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle, great price, handling. Mileage is unbelievable 20 mpg on the highway, 17.5 in the city. Built tougher than a Ford and more reliable than a Dodge. Made in the USA.

Silverado Truck
By Maxx on 03/26/05 06:08 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I Own two Chevrolet trucks that are used in my contracting business. The quality and dependebility Of Chevrolet trucks is better than the Toyotas and Fords that I have owned. Chevrolet's Advertisement " like a rock" is very true. I used a 1992 Silverado in my business for eleven years without requiring anything but routine maintenence.

Silverado
By John J on 03/25/05 21:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rides better than most sedans I have owned. Very quiet inside, handles like a dream w/ the four wheel steering. Excellent manuvering through parking lots and tight spaces. I would put this truck against any import.

Powerful Silverado
By Dean Files on 03/23/05 23:47 PM (PST)

I have had several vehicles in my 22 years of driving. This is the first V8 that I have had since I was a teenager with a Z-28. My previous vehicle was an S-10 with the 195 hp V6. It ran great, but this Silverado has a deep throaty sound when you step on it, and has plenty of power to move it down the road. Its ride is far superior to some of the cars that I have owned. You can't beat the feeling of power under your hood. You may sacrifice gas mileage, but you make up for that with the safety. My boss has a Ram 150 4wd, and brags about its power. I can almost match his power and make him steam when I tell him how much I spend in fuel each week. Much less.

Great piece of machinery
By Lefty Files on 03/23/05 23:30 PM (PST)

I enjoy having the power of a V8, as well as the size of my Silverado. It is very easy to operate and rides like my old Cadillac. So many changes in design and so many innovations make this the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It goes everywhere in 4wd. I am over 6 feet tall and the interior has plenty of room for me to move about. The safety features are top of the line, as well as the overall feeling af driving this truck. I treat it like I would my car, except that it is more powerfull and fun to drive.

My First Truck
By blippo on 03/15/05 19:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first experience with owning a pick-up truck of any kind. I've owned my Silverado for a few months now. The first thing I noticed with the Silverado when I drove it the first time is it drove like a car. I was surprised how well it rode. It has all the room I need with the extended cab. I took it off-road briefly and it drove well. So far, I am very satisfied with it.

Great truck to buy
By thegerm63 on 02/26/05 15:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th chevy truck and I had a chance to get a Dodge for cost and passed it down. I like the Chevy for it reliabilty and comfort and knowing that it has not failed me. I wished they would have kept the folding console instead of the permanent one. love the automatic 4wd option. Wish I would have been told I could have bought it w/o the OnStar. I also was disappointed to have to purchase my own touch up paint should I need it. The engine is strong and the pick up power is superb. I like the room under the hood for working if needed and definetly love the easy oil change w/o the mess. Transmission have always held up strong for me and once warmed up shifting goes very quietly and timely

BartMans Z71 Silverodo
By Bart De Coro on 02/08/05 04:05 AM (PST)

This truck is a looker! Good power. Fun to drive. Needs a better upgrade on the Bridgestone tires. Had defects in 200 miles. The ride is fairley smooth being a four wheel drive. XM Radio and OnStar is a must have! Got a pretty fair deal on this truck.

Pleasures of a Chevy Silverado
By Richard Ward on 02/03/05 01:15 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The right balance for a good comfortable pickup. Quiet, comfortable, good gas milage and good looks.

GM customers deserve better
By warren on 01/12/05 15:10 PM (PST)

I get around 15.5 mpg. It's comfortable to ride in. Wiper blades were shot after less than 20 hrs of use. Exterior paint scratches easily. For what I paid I am not happy. GM got more for thier money than I did. Putting new wiper blades on a new $34,000. dollar truck irks me to no end.