2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Z71 Package
By Jason on 07/17/05 03:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The current rebates and GM Employee incentive pricing brought me back to the Chevy dealership. I brought the Z71 for about $2,000 below invoice. The power is good since I purchased the power package and the exterior trim is great. The majority of the features are great and there are numerous electronic gadets more than the other brand trucks. The satellite radio is nice extra, which GM does own XM (Great self promotion). In most reviews, the quality of the interior is lacking, which I found to be true in my case. GM needs to upgrade the interior quality and design. It was not much different than my 2000 Silverado interior. At the current price it was a worthwhile buy.

chevy silerado 1500 5.3 LT
By Thom on 07/16/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

a tough truck - 16-17 mpg ongoing, problems : brakes abs system repeatedly , Poor design causes the abs to light up on the dash which so far has always beed associated with the wheel hubs area. Many owners I've talked with have had same problem. these brakes will fail. brake pads have to be modified when installed new - if not - they'll wear unevenly . design problem again . brake shops aware of this . other wise a great truck

Like A Rock
By Terry C on 06/28/05 19:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd new chevy truck and by my best vehicle ive driven to date.The ride is solid and suspension is smooth interior niose is minimal the aluminum block 5300 vortec really moves this vehicle quite nicely, the acceleration is that of a sports car almost Vette like and makes it very fun to drive. interior room in the extra cab is enough for 6 adults with front bench seat and makes it perfect for a family vehicle with plenty of room to haul the grocerys or plywood for that home improvement project the fit and finish seem to be good also no rattles or squeeks Ive had no problems what so ever in the 6 mo. ive had this truck Overall Im very satisfied with my Silverado Ext Cab

2WD Z-85
By Dale on 06/25/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What a looker this truck is with the 20" chrome wheels, maroon, extended cab, side rails and step bars. WOW - I was a GMC fan until I saw this in the showroom and had to have it. The deals are just too awesome and the vehicle is fabulous. I got the 3.23 rear end with the 5.3 and it goes 52 mph at 1,100 RPM - mileage TBD Now the bad side, the 20" tires and wheels ride terribly. If you get the HD, it is exacerbated even more. Seems almost like a roller coaster ride over even the most minor bumps. The dealer said it would go away in 500 miles, but I certainly have my doubts. Any others experiencing the same problem with this wheel upgrade package? Strongly recommend the vehicle

Wow!
By moning on 06/22/05 21:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The ride is smooth, and seating is great. My back doesn't hurt on long drives. It's powerful for what I do. It has better gas mileage than my trade-in did, and it was a 2004 Frontier. The steering is light and quick. Large mirrors enable me to see other traffic with less blind spots. It's a great truck. I really like it.

The Best Ride on the Road
By Ronald Holstein on 06/01/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first truck we have purchased in twenty years. The ride and comfort is incredible. The support the seats give my back allows me to drive without discomfort. We would like to add that prior to purchasing this vehicle we rented Ford, Chevy, Dodge Ram, 2 wheel and four wheel drives, before making a decision. Our choice is obvious as to load carrying, ride comfort, and gas mileage. Chevrolet is the only vehicle that offers OnStar. My suggestion to anyone that that is about to purchase a vehicle go to Enterprise Rentals they have 2 wheel and 4 wheel new trucks. Rent each one drive at least 600 miles then put a 1500 pound load on each vehicle & see for yourself before you buy.

Could not believe it
By rks on 05/30/05 01:37 AM (PDT)

I was going to buy an F-150, Toyota, or Nissan full size. When I began to compare I could not get over the size, comfort and fuel economy of the Silverado compared to the others. Best in fuel economy. I use the truck to commute and do small hauls. I average 18.5 hotshoting and 21 mpg on the road. I bought Chevy 20" rims and put a color coded bed cover and does it look great. All others could not touch the economy, not even Toyota. The wind and road noise in the others was annoying. We use the truck more than the car. The 4.8 has incredible power.

1st Pickup
By Sodave on 05/19/05 16:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My 1st new truck - I tried them all. Loved the Titan & Ford - but they are so much money. Tundra was a little low on power for 04, Dodge was unreliable. Chevy fit the bill nicely. Lots of goodies for the best price. Truck runs & looks good with 5.3 & tow pkge Z71. Mileage is OK.

Woodworking Vehicle Needed
By Bob on 05/07/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

So far the truck has been very enjoyable and has done what was asked of it, hauling, towing, trips, carrying passengers. I do hope that a true hybrid is in the works as I'll keep this one until a higher mileage big truck is available.

Great Truck
By mmaher on 04/06/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

I have owned several different make's of trucks (Ford,Dodge and Toyota) and I am very impressed with the Silverado's performance, style and handling. It is a great vehicle in all areas including price. My last truck was a S10 ZR-2 but the Silverado is a much better vehicle and gets the same gas mileage as the 4.3 V6 in my S10. Can not say enough good things about this vehicle! This is THE best truck I have ever owned! PS my other truck I still own is a Toyota!