Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Hamronic Vibration Truck
By Frank

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Chevrolet Truck since 1991, and it has given more trouble than the previous four put together. The dealer has not been able to fix any of the three major problems and Chevrolet will not take the vehicle back. The truck constantly vibrates at highway speeds, and the harmonic vibration greatly exaggerates minor bumps in the road. New tires have not made one bit of difference. Chevrolet is well aware of the problem, (calls it "BEAMING"). The truck has developed a whine in the differential, which the dealer cannot correct,(tells me it is normal) and the brakes shudder, which the dealer has tried to fix on two occasions without success. This will be my last GM vehicle ever.

Favorite Features

Nice roomy cab.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality overall..go back to four wheel disk brakes and do something about the sloppy suspension. Toyota does not have to greatly discount their vehicles because they are perceived as quality. GM seems to be getting less quality parts from their suppliers than in the past.

What a sweet ride
By JWH

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned the Z71 for about a year and am absolutely satisfied. The ride is extremely smooth and road noise is almost non-existent. The seats are very comfortable (unlike the Ford F- 150 which felt like I was sitting on a slab of concrete). The 5.3 V8 has plenty of get-up-and-go and the mileage is 16.5 city and 19 on the highway. The heated seats are great in Minnesota winters.

Favorite Features

Interior room (head and legs) is more than ample. Very smooth ride. The exterior styling gets a lot of compliments. The Bose sound system is very impressive.

Suggested Improvements

More low-end torque would be nice, as takes a moment to get going once you hit the gas. Redesigning the folding rear seats so the rear seat headrests don't wedge into the backs of the front seats would be an improvement.

Great truck
By stanley1l

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck and drivebility. Seat is somewhat comfortable but supportive for 10hour trips. I do recommend the LS package for it more convinient for over all comfort. Great engines 5.3 and 6.0. both deliver about the same fuel efficiency - I get 350 miles on 22 gallons. I would prefer a more efficent truck and it amazes me that all these car maker are dragging their feet on delivering these type of vehicles.

Favorite Features

Engine strength

Suggested Improvements

More diesel engines, more efficient engines. spit bench seat in the back. better brakes perhaps 2 caliper front disk bakes.

2005 Silverado Extended Cab
By TONY

Best truck that I have ever owned. The z71 suspension gives a great ride. The climate control system much better than the previous truck I owned. There were no water leaks and no issues with the quality of the truck.

Pretty Good Truck
By johnnyelcamino

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had two Tundra's prior to this purchase, but we had a 1997 Chevy one ton prior to that we called MONSTRO. Toyota has lost their mind on haggling, we loved the Tundra but no deal, we walked out mad. We stopped by the Chevy dealer and got a heck of a deal with the employee pricing.(20k paided on a 29k truck.) So far its a good truck, and it gets better mileage than my old V6 Tundra, 17 and 22.

Favorite Features

Engine is strong, and good on gas. Good underbody.

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs upgrade. Hear a gurgle in the AC. Smooth out the ride.